Niger State Polytechnic was established by Edict No 9 of 1991 to meet the technological manpower needs of Niger State and Nigeria in General.
Following the merger of College of Administrative and Business Studies (CABS) with the Polytechnic in July 1991, the institution is organised into two Campuses, with the Main Campus and Central Administration in Zungeru where Science, Engineering and Environmental Studies programmes are offered and Bida Campus where Administrative and Business Studies programmes are offered.
Job Title: Registrar
- He / She is the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Academic Board and Issuance of Certificates, Interpreting and applying rules and regulations & the Polytechnic.
- He / She shall also perform such other duties as the Council and the Rector may, from time to time, direct.
- The Registrar, who is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic, is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must not be more than 55 years of age as the time of assumption of duty.
- He / She must be morally sound, of impeccable character, intellectually and professionally sound and knowledgeable in the Rules and Regulations of the Polytechnic system.
- He / She must also be vast in public service rules, financial Regulations and must be computer literate.
- The candidate must hold a good honours degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower Division) from a recognized Institution of higher learning, plus at least Eighteen (18) years Post-qualification Cognate experience in tertiary institution or Master’s degree from recognized institution of higher learning plus at least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience in tertiary institution or Doctorate plus at least Twelve (12) years cognate experience, experience in tertiary institution.
- He / She must have served as a Deputy Registrar for not less than Five (5) years in an institution of higher learning. He / She must be a member of relevant professional body / bodies e.g NIM, CIPMN etc.
Terms and Conditions of Appointment
- The appointment shall be for initial term of Four (4) years, renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
- The appointee shall also enjoy other benefit of office as may be approved from time to time by the state government.
- Salary Grade Level-CONTISS 15 / 9
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) typewritten Applications and CV, specifying the following:
- Name in full.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of origin and local government.
- Permanent Home Address
- Current contact address to include GSM number and Email.
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations / Bodies
- Community Service
- Awards, Honours and Commendations (if any)
- Present Appointment with date and Salary
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to:
Niger State Polytechnic Zungeru,
P.M.B 01, Zungeru,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
Application Deadline 27th April, 2020.