The Federal Polytechnic, Bida hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Librarian
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a principal officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Polytechnic library.
- Frames the overall library policy personal contacts and liaise with Departments,
- Prepare library budgets.
- Responsible for establishing policy of library exchange.
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Rector.
Qualifications Experience and Qualities
- Applicant should possess a good honours Degree and not lower than Second
- Class Lower Division and a Master’s Degree in Library and Informative Science from a recognized Institution; a PhD Degree will be an added advantage.
- The applicant must have 15 years of post qualification cognate work experience in the Polytechnic sector or equivalent, and must have attained the rank of Chief Librarian or Deputy’ Librarian for a period of at least 3years.
- Applicant must not be more than 59 years as at the time of applying.
- They must be morally sound, of impeccable character and physically fit.
- Membership of library professional bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) are also necessary and must be computer literate
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a single term appointment for a period of five years. Conditions of service for, the post are the same as obtained in other Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other fits’ attached to the position of a principal officer of Federal Polytechnics. The salary package is similar to the approved package by the National salaries, income and wages Commission for the Polytechnic Librarian of Federal Polytechnics.
Job Title: Director, Medical Services
- Taking overall charge of the Medical Centre
- Coordinating the work and activities of subordinate staff of the Medical centre.
- Responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Medical centre.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the Rector.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should possess M.B.B.S and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria with 18 years’ post qualification cognate experience or candidate with post-graduate medical qualification in medicine with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience.
Condition of Service
- The conditions of service attached to the position of Director, Medical Services are as obtained in the Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria.
- The salary and allowances attached to this position are as applicable to other officers on CONMESS 07.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies of their typed Applications and CV (including relevant Credentials). The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following among others.
- Full Name.
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Current Postal Address.
- E-Mail Address and Phone Number.
- Marital Status.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies with dates.
- Present employer.
- Position held and date.
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and address of three referees.
All Application should be sent and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Bida,
P.M.B 55, Bida,
Note: Applicants should request their referees to forward their confidential reports directly under confidential cover to the Registrar, Federal Polytechnic, Bida on or before the closing date
Application Deadline 18th May, 2020.