Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
- The Program Officer is responsible for supporting program operations, including strategic planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring.
- Ensuring financial compliance under program activities including budgets, expenses, documentation, etc.
- Developing long-term business plans
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing program budgets
- Drives the implementation of projects
- Work with Human Resources to source and recruit critical talent.
- Work with Contracts and Grants to ensure timely acquisition and delivery of services.
- Support design, review/selection, and implementation of sub awards, including review of quarterly narrative and financial reports, as well as processing invoices.
- Ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports.
- Provide input into annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, and other programmatic reports.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to design and determine indicators, ensure that the field has the tools to monitor progress made towards indicators, periodically check in with field team on data collection and progress toward meeting objectives, and share experience with regional teams.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress and performance, including reviewing deliverable, and make recommendations where project activities may need to be adjusted based on M&E results.
- Travel to field offices to monitor project activities.
- Actively participate in business development/proposal development/new initiative processes.
- Provide professional developmental opportunities for junior program staff. Evaluate performance of supervisee(s), and provide constructive feedback and proactive management.
- Achieves project requirements within budget, established time frame, standards of quality, and donor satisfaction.
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with field staff, subordinates, consultants at large, and other departments within 360HSDC.
- Participate and represent program management at offsite venues for the purpose of business development and information dissemination as directed.
- Contribute to and inform program design, knowledge of tools towards implementation of projects, knowledge management and thought leadership, and collection of resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in International Relations, Political Science, International Development preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of overall work experience in the international development sector.
- Significant experience with budget management and oversight of large single project or multiple small projects, including projections, pipelines, and modifications.
- Microsoft Office and Excel required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of political contexts in multiple African countries preferred.
- Field experience desirable.
- Experience supporting business development efforts.
- Proposal writing and development experience is essential
- Experience with program management, project design, and business development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the subject, including Location, E.g “Program Officer Abuja”.
Address your Cover Letter to:
The Recruitment Team,
Idmibok International (360HSDC),
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity
Application Deadline 24th April, 2020.