Taimako Community Development Initiative is an independent registered non-government organization based in Nigeria. Its prime motto is “Communal Support for Development” Taimako-CDI is a humanitarian and development organization responding to the northeast humanitarian emergencies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Yobe, Adamawa
- The Project Officer will work under the direction of the Project Manager and provide technical assistance to ensure that Taimako Community Development Initiative Project goals and objectives are achieved.
- This Officer will assist with planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Works closely with the Project Manager in defining the project scope and in the development of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to facilitate decision-making for project start-up.
- Assists with the preparation of the Project Implementation Plan (PIP) and other key documents to support the project.
- Assists with the creation of the Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and schedules for the project and its components for the approval of the Project Manager.
- Assists with the development of the overall budget for the project as well as for project components and conducts budget reviews and analyses in conjunction with the Project Accountant for discussion with the Project Manager.
- Develops Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in keeping with the organizational procurement policy for the approval of the Project Manager.
- Interfaces with project contractors, keeps track of their deliverables, and keeps the Project Manager up-to-date.
- Interacts with and supports the national and regional project teams in the execution of the project components.
- Prepares regular reports to assist the Project Manager to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Identify project issues and possible solutions, and bring them to the attention of the Project Manager for action.
- Assists with the implementation of finance and accounting, records management, communications, feedback, monitoring and evaluation frameworks are effectively established to facilitate project start up and to support the project to completion under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Assists the Project Manager with the establishment of sustainability and project exit strategies from the inception of the project.
- Assists the Project Manager with the development and implementation of a framework for national judiciaries to calculate their Level of Effort (LOE) contributed to the project.
- Performs any other related duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Dynamic professional with experience in project planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of medium to large projects.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Must be able to provide technical advice and support to the Project Manager. Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholder groups, nationally and regionally.
- Good working knowledge of internationally accepted rules governing procurement of goods and services.
- Good communications (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of different project management software and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of the jurisdictions of Judiciaries, High Courts and Magistracies within the region.
- Understanding of Court Administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the region and regional organizations
- Knowledge and understanding of Performance Management Frameworks (PMFs).
- Good understanding of Results Based Management (RBM).
Minimum Training and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in Law, Management, Social Sciences, Humanities, or a related field.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification.
- A relevant Project Management qualification such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and experience.
- At least three (3) years’ experience providing support to medium to large scale projects. Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Applications should be sent before above stated closing date.
- Kindly note that early submission will be given prompt response.
- Do not include any additional certificates or document (attachment of educational and Professional certificates not needed)
Application Deadline 5pm (Abuja time) Friday, 10th April, 2020.