Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. Jhpiego is a recognized technical leader in reproductive, maternal and newborn health and workforce capacity-building development at global level and in Nigeria, where Jhpiego has led multiple reproductive maternal and newborn health programs for over two decades working closely with the Government of Nigeria, professional associations and other partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer
Career Category: Program/Project Management
- Jhpiego is seeking a Program Officer to provide high quality administration and management for the newly awarded STAR program in Nigeria.
- The STAR program is an 18-month, UNITAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to distribute HIV self-tests effectively, ethically and efficiently through provision of strategic technical assistance.
- In Nigeria, STAR will support the Government of Nigeria to develop and adapt policy guidelines for the adoption of HIV self-testing and support for the integration of HIV self-testing within the existing health care systems.
- The Program Officer will assist in the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the STAR project being implemented at the national level. This includes assisting with development of work plans, liaising with Ministry staff, other partners and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Lead program coordination and monitor implementation at the national level
- Development, implementation and monitoring of work plan and budgets
- Work closely with technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs and monitor state level spending
- Assist in the development of new program approaches that are linked to related services
- Work with STAR consultants to implement trainings, services and programs
- Maintain partnerships on behalf of STAR with FMOH, NACA, NASCP, donors, and other partners.
- Coordinate technical assistance for program implementation
- Assist the technical staff in the design implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities.
- Write reports, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant reports as required.
- Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, sociology, or related health, medical, or social science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with UNITAID programs and strong familiarity with UNITAID reporting requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation.
Required Abilities / Skills:
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs**
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to implementation states
- References will be required.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Position” as the subject of the email and application.
- Applications should be sent not later than the above closing date. Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline Thursday, 4th June, 2020.