Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. Jhpiego is a recognized technical leader in reproductive, maternal and newborn health and workforce capacity-building development at global level and in Nigeria, where Jhpiego has led multiple reproductive maternal and newborn health programs for over two decades working closely with the Government of Nigeria, professional associations and other partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor
Career Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- The STAR program is a newly-awarded 18-month, UNITAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to distribute HIV self-tests effectively, ethically and efficiently through provision of strategic technical assistance.
- In Nigeria, STAR will support the Government of Nigeria to develop and adapt policy guidelines for the adoption of HIV self-testing and support for the integration of HIV self-testing within the existing health care systems.
- The Strategic Information (SI) Advisor for STAR will provide technical leadership and guidance in planning and implementing appropriate SI/M&E systems, activities and technical assistance for STAR/Nigeria.
- Provide leadership and direction on SI/M&E activities to ensure technical and financial integrity to achieve STAR goals, objectives and targets
- Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor cascades of care, programmatic pivoting, and key and priority populations. Analyze progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
- Support in the development of SI/M&E frameworks for different distribution models based on tools developed under STAR
- Strengthen the use of data at state, facility, and community level for program monitoring and improvement
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen for M&E/SI and data quality improvement
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources
- Lead development of project monitoring framework, indicators and tools related to data management, collection, aggregation and data quality assessment and QA/QI to guide state level activities
- Lead the process of establishing an instance of DHIS2 that will warehouse STAR community and facility-level data
- Oversee real-time data use including monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for project overall and at state level
- Oversee timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to UNITAID, including narrative progress reports and monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual quantitative results.
- Support and guide capacity building through trainings, mentorship and supervision on M&E/SI activities
- Promote and support knowledge management and sharing efforts
- Trouble shoot issues that arise and provide immediate solutions
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, demography, public health, or related health, medical, or social science discipline; doctoral-level degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large-scale international HIV projects with proven capacity in working with a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Demonstrated experience working with UNITAID programs and strong familiarity with UNITAID reporting requirements preferred.
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to project implementation states
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance and implementation plans to improve data quality
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Strong data management and analysis skills and advanced knowledge of PowerBI, DHIS2, and electronic medical records
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Position” as the subject of the email and application.
- Applications should be sent not later than the above closing date. Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline Thursday, 4th June, 2020.