Automotive Mechanic Requirements, Skills & Qualifications
The following common skills and qualifications are required of an Automotive Mechanic:
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a lube technician, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy equipment and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Note that this is not an exhaustive list of Automotive Mechanic skill, qualifications and experience. Job requirements for specific Automotive Mechanic roles may vary, depending on the industry and type of employer.