Corporate Trainer Interview Questions
Corporate Trainers are responsible for teaching skills and knowledge to employees of a company. They either work as full time employees or are hired on as-needed basis. Corporate Trainers may have different duties and responsibilities depending on company and industry they work in.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Corporate Trainer or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Corporate Trainer position,
these Corporate Trainer interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Corporate Trainer Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Corporate Trainer interview questions.
- How do you make training fun and interactive for people as a Corporate Trainer?
- If I asked you to identify the training needs of the organization, where would you start?
- Describe your experience with using presentation software such as MS Powerpoint.
- When planning a training program, what is your process for deciding what content to include?
- How would you deal with an employee who doesn’t think your training session is worthwhile?
- What is your process for evaluating the success of a training program?
- People learn in different ways and with varying speeds. How would you ensure everyone in your program develops their skills?
- We want to ensure our employees feel comfortable asking questions during training. How would you encourage them to do so?
- How would you conclude a training session?
- What would you do if you noticed two of your employees were having a conversation during a training session?
- What do you think is the most important thing to remember when planning a training schedule?
- What methodologies do you use in training?
- There is a mistake in one of your slides during a training session. How do you handle it?
- What subject do you least enjoy teaching?
- As our next Corporate Trainer, you would be responsible for planning and leading large workshops for our staff. Are you comfortable in this setting?
- Which subject do you teach more often?
- Do you have any experience in handling a training budget?
- Give me an example of how you use technology in your job. What e-learning software do you prefer?
- Do you have a favorite job category or experience level that you like to provide training for?
- How do you keep up with news and trends in employee training?
- What training program did you develop that you are most proud of? Talk about how it impacted you and those that put it to use.
- How would you use the ADDIE/Kirkpatrick model?
- Describe a time when you had to sell an idea or change someone's mind regarding instituting a new training for staff.
- Do you have experience in training a trainer?
- Are you fluent and adaptable when it comes to learning new computer programs and software?
- Are you a certified trainer?
- What do you feel are good ways to motivate employees to take optional training courses?
- Give me an example of a successful training program you taught. What made it so successful?
- If hired as our Corporate Trainer, how would you handle an employee that was being difficult or unruly in a training session?
- Walk me through the process of preparing a curriculum
- Do you have familiarity with performing skills gap analyses in your work as a Corporate Trainer?
- Recall a time you had disagreement with someone about the objectives of a training program. How did you resolve it?
- How do you determine when you need to seek the help of others when creating a new training program?
- What’s your response to negative feedback?
- Why do you believe our organization needs to employ a Corporate Trainer?
- Describe some employee training methods that have worked well for you
- Our Corporate Trainer often meets with managers and supervisors to discuss upcoming training topics and approaches. Have you ever had difficulty communicating with a supervisor?
- Tell me about a time your training didn’t have the good results you expected. What happened and what did you learn?
- Give us a 10 minutes training on the subject matter.
Corporate Trainer Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Corporate Trainer interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- Why Do You Want This Job?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?