Digital Media Planner Interview Questions
Digital media planners research different forms of media to find out which types of content consumers and businesses use and then use this data to develop effective marketing strategies. They evaluate the needs and interests of target demographics, researching online trends, and working with digital teams to create campaigns.
Whether you're a job seeker preparing to be interviewed for the role of Digital Media Planner or
an employer preparing to interview candidates for Digital Media Planner position,
these Digital Media Planner interview questions will help you prepare yourself for the job interview session.
Digital Media Planner Interview Questions
Below are a list of some skill-based Digital Media Planner interview questions.
- Describe a day in the life of a Digital Media Planner.
- What’s your analytics tools experience?
- How useful are Facebook paid ads to advertising campaigns?
- What are your top metrics to track?
- How do you get the best customer feedback?
- How would you limit advertising efforts to a specific area?
- How do you figure out which channels to spend budget on?
- How do you measure a campaign’s effectiveness and when do you know if it failed?
- What’s been your career highlight so far?
- How have you boosted company revenues in your last role?
- What are your top three ads of all time? Why were they so successful?
- Describe the most successful idea you suggested and implemented. When was your lightbulb moment and how did you measure its effectiveness?
- How do you keep up-to-date with current marketing tech and trends?
- How would you create an awesome digital ad campaign on a tight budget?
- What info would you share in a presentation of this quarter’s advertising campaigns? How would you present it?
- How would you advertise our company to a younger audience via social media?
- What would you do if an ad channel became less effective: wait and see if the drop is temporary, invest more money in paid ads or drop it straight away?
- Can you describe three current trends in the digital media landscape?
- Can you describe a time when you identified a digital opportunity for a client?
- How would you ensure that your digital media plans align with overarching brand strategies?
- What would you do if a client rejected your media plan?
- Which campaign management and ad serving technology have you worked with?
- What appeals to you about working as a digital media planner?
- When did you know you wanted to work in digital media planning?
- What analytical tools are you comfortable working with?
- How often do you prefer to communicate with clients on a digital media planning project?
- What is the most difficult choice you have faced in your time working as a digital media planner?
- Have you ever been asked to complete a project on a tight deadline? How did you accomplish it?
- The online advertising landscape is constantly changing. Tell me about a situation where a previously reliable method stopped producing strong results and how you adjusted for it.
- On which digital media platforms are you most familiar with advertising?
- Have you ever been asked to take the lead on a project for a client? How did it go?
- Describe an experience where you took the initiative working for a client in the past.
- What are your primary responsibilities in your current role as a media planner?
- What do you think the future of the media planning industry looks like? Which trends or formats do you expect to grow in prominence in the years ahead?
- A client requests an advertising campaign based on a small budget. What's your approach to this task?
- How would you approach customizing a social media marketing campaign for a company seeking to reach a broad range of age demographics?
- Tell me what happens on an average day as a media planner in your current position.
- What methods do you use for gaining customer feedback on your campaigns?
- Describe your three favorite advertisements that you have created. What makes them special to you, and what were their results?
- Explain your method for deciding which media platforms provide the best opportunity for a particular campaign.
- Tell me about your favorite campaign that you've worked on in the past.
- If a client has trouble understanding your vision on a project, how would you help them understand it better?
- Describe the difference between organic and promoted marketing on social media, and the benefits of each.
- Explain how you would target an advertising campaign for a martial arts school to the parents of young children.
- What do you feel are the most important metrics to track when running a digital media campaign?
Digital Media Planner Interview Questions and Answers
Every interview is different and the questions may vary.
However, there are lots of general questions that get asked at every interview.
Below are some common questions you'd expect during Digital Media Planner interviews. Click on each question to see how to answer them.
- Why Should We Hire You?
- What is Your Greatest Strength?
- Why Do You Want To Leave Your Current Job?
- What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?
- What is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Tell Me About Yourself
- Are You a Leader or a Follower?
- What is Your Salary Expectation?
- Do You Have Any Questions for Us?
- Why Do You Want This Job?