Game Programmer Job Description
Job Descriptions > Information Technology > Game Programmer
Common questions people ask include:
What is the job description of a Game Programmer? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Game Programmer? What does a Game Programmer do?
Job Description of a Game Programmer
Game programmers are software developers who take the vision of game designers and bring it to life by writing computer code.
Game Programmer Duties and Responsibilities
Game Programmer job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Developing and implementing game software
- Ensuring that the game design is fully implemented and performs as expected
- Creating unit tests and validation procedures, and documenting technical specifications
- Working closely with a lead game developer to create task/project deliverables
- Interface with Quality Assurance, Game Producers, Game Designers, Artists, Mathematicians, and Sound Designers
Game Programmer Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Game Programmer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Proven work experience completing a full video game life-cycle.
- Proficiency in C++ and other programming languages such as Java or C.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Strong artistic and graphic design skills.
- Ability to solve complicated problems using best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of APIs and build libraries.
- Knowledge of the latest gaming trends and technologies.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Game Programmer starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Game Programmer job description example to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Game Programmer may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Similar to Game Programmer Job Description