Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Gardener? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Gardener? What does a Gardener do?As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Gardener starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Gardener job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs. Job seekers interviewing for the role of a Gardener may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
Gardener Job Description
Job Descriptions > Trade and Services > Gardener
This Gardener job description template includes the list of most important Gardener duties and responsibilities. It can be modified to fit the specific Gardener profile you're trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
Common questions people ask include: What is the job description of a Gardener? What are the duties and responsibilities of a Gardener? What does a Gardener do?
Job Description of a GardenerGardeners are responsible for growing and maintaining all types of plants including flowers, trees and lawn in a variety of settings. These could be public parks, gardens, sports grounds and schools.
Gardener Duties and ResponsibilitiesGardener job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Service all garden equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
Gardener Requirements / Skills / QualificationsGardener job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- A high school degree
- Experience as a Gardener
- Familiarity with landscaping design
- Knowledge of state health and safety regulations for landscaping
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- The ability to remain on your feet for long periods of time
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers
- A love of the outdoors and plant life
Similar to Gardener Job Description