Administrative and Logistics Assistant at Save the Slum Initiative
Save the Slum Initiative is a non-governmental organization with registration CAC/IT/NO 139240, STSI was founded in 2016 and is committed to responding to current needs to improve the life of people living in slums and local communities across Nigeria. STSI envisions improving the living standards of vulnerable persons and communities and our overall aim is to work with urban poor to bring about long-term and sustainable transformation to their quality of life and to also provide better community-based healthcare and empowerment education and environmental improvement to all communities that will serve. We intervene in various sectors like WASH, Education, Protection, Nutrition, Health, and Livelihood of humanitarian sectors and community development projects. Since its inception in 2016, STSI have implemented in over 10 States in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Logistics Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The Administrative and Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing efficient support and ensure success of procurement and logistic activities, while providing efficient utilization of resources in accordance with applicable standards.
- The Administration and Logistics Assistant will assist in the implementation of administrative and logistics activities, he/she will assist in keeping clear records for all administration and logistic operations, including
- Prepare documentation, materials, refreshments for meetings and workshops/trainings were necessary.
- Make timely arrangement to maintain internet faults, office building, furniture, fittings and equipment in coordination and field offices.
- Handle travels arrangements for local and international guests including lodging, meal planning if required.
- Provide all administrative and logistical support to the team to ensure timely completion of activities as per the work plan.
- Ensure all offices are fully equipped with office consumables.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems; to ensure integrity and continuity of data/information.
- Prepare purchase requisitions necessary for office or as requested by project staff.
- Request for bids and quotes from vendors.
- Inspect accurately and timely, goods, services and works procured in order to establish client specification.
- Provides accurate information for inventory management.
- Assess and organize logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of supplies and establish proper warehousing and recording systems.
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to distribution to the survey sites.
- Provide a list of all equipment stored and distributed to the survey sites.
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid unnecessary supply.
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered.
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senor Administration Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management / Management Studies, or any other related field. Previous survey based administrative and logistical support experience is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands and inquiries.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Friday; 14th October, 2022.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send no more than a 5 page CV and Cover Letter
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to STSI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Save The Slum Initiative (STSI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview