Administrative Assistant II at Breakthrough Action Nigeria
Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID-funded Social Behaviour Change (SBC) and Risk Communication Project with the goal of increasing the practice of priority individual and household level health behaviors in target states on Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health plus Nutrition (MNCH+N), Family Planning (FP), Malaria, Tuberculosis, and Risk Communication and Community engagement (RCCE) for COVID and Priority Infectious diseases (Lassa fever, Monkey Pox). Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques, and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Administrative Assistant II will be responsible for assisting the Senior Administrative Officer and other members of the administrative team with day-to-day tasks related to project administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Support the admin team with the implementation of procurement processes and procedures and processing vendor and invoices;
- Assist with logistics arrangements for local and international travels;
- Together with relevant staff ensure that travel & logistics, welfare, and support needs of visiting guests to Nigeria and expatriates are met.
- Support in the maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance of office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs.
- Prepare relevant administrative reports when needed.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paperwork exists as per the office/USAID policy.
- Assist with logistics for conferences, local travel, workshops and other activities;
- Manage staff monthly call credit and internet payments;
- Support the team with basic asset/inventory management;
- Support in the staff HMO registration and payment;
- Support the admin team in updating and managing vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Assist with the management of project vehicles and drivers. Ensure drivers comply with safety rules and defensive driving techniques and reports.
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are done according to USAID and institutional rules and regulations.
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
- 3 - 4 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects in administrative and procurement related tasks
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
- Working experience with USAID funded projects is an added advantage.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location of choice (e.g., "Admin Assistant II, Abuja") as the subject of the email.
- Breakthrough Action Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
- Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline Monday; 25th September, 2023.