Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Administrative Officer Vacancy at Mercy Corps
Administrative Officer Vacancy at Mercy Corps
Dec 19, 2017, 9:07 AM
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Administrative Officer Location: Maiduguri, Borno Program / Department Summary
- With the insurgency affecting North East Nigeria and displacing millions of people, Mercy Corps is expanding its humanitarian programming to support the conflict-affected population.
- As a result of the wide-scale needs, Mercy Corps is scaling-up food security, non-food items, nutrition, protection, livelihoods, and water sanitation hygiene (WASH) activities in Dikwa, Ngala, and Jere Local Government Areas in Borno State to address emergency needs.
- Mercy Corps is looking for an Administration Officer to support all office administration in Maiduguri Office.
- The Administration Officer will be responsible for the smooth running of all administration functions in support of the humanitarian Program.
- Facilitate the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the Mercy Corps office and program support operations;
- Enforce adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff;
- Oversee the smooth flow of routine, administrative work in Maiduguri office is in compliance with mercy corps field administration manual and national staff policy handbook.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery, consumables and cartridges/tonner.
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to mercy corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: receiving visitors and ensuring they are going to the right offices
- Responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for Mercy Corps guests and staff in Maiduguri.
- Ensuring all photocopiers, printers, scanners, mail services, telephones etc are running within the office and any calls for repairs or maintences needed are properly reported to the right department focal persons.
- Oversees cleaners, gardeners that will maintain office premises are cleaned and general cleanliness is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by Mercy Corps Country Program.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Reports Directly To: Senior Operations Officer
- Works Directly With: Programs, Operations, and support team
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with office administration; computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
- Good writing and communications skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Must possess a minimum of a degree in preferably Business Administration/ Public, Social Work, Education, or other related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in administration , particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline
- Good negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Strong ability to innovatively solve problems.
- Ability to communicate in English, Kanuri and Hausa
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps' policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages.
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts