APM Terminals Job in Lagos for a Key Accounts Manager
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more
than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port
operations and container management services. By providing the expertise
and port infrastructure essential to world trade,
we actively support
the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to
unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to
experience different cultures and make friends all over the world.
You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our
offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Key Accounts Manager
- Act as the focal client contact, identify clients' business
strategies and objectives, logistics and transportation needs and buying
criteria to develop and articulate value-based solutions to address
their needs and wants.
- Develop deep and senior relationships with assigned clients and take every opportunity to probe for business opportunities.
- Utilise the senior-client contact relationship to open doors and support the account-development process.
- Create and manage specific customer plans allowing APM Terminals to maximize its yield potential
- Negotiate commercial terms within delegated mandate
- Keep abreast of market developments and report relevant as necessary
- Proactively assist Finance and Customer Service in clearing outstanding invoices and longstanding containers respectively
- Use Market Mapping to identify total potential volume for the customer
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide first-class service to further increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Track and analyse market development.
- Study and leverage internal and external financial data to build winning strategies.
- Communicate closely and proactively with management, provide
strong support to all development initiatives, policies, processes and
- Position APM Terminals as the preferred terminal with clients.
- Qualify customer opportunities using:
- Uncovering needs framework, understanding the buying phases
- Using and understanding the Value Selling methodology
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking APM Terminals differentiators to customer's pains/needs
- Actively use APM Terminals CRM tool
- Prepare for Sales meetings with clear agenda and desired outcomes in the CRM tool
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master's Degree holder from a reputable organisation.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Highly analytical with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Passionate, strong initiative, self-driven with commitment to succeed
- Minimum 7 years' relevant sales experience with 3 years' proven track record in major client management ( Business to Business)
- Relevant experience in Maritime/transportation/Logistics Industry
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
This position offers career development, exposure to multinational
systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a
professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
29th December, 2015.