Artist Manager at Mavin Records
Mavin Records is Africa's leading entertainment company. Mavin Records is a Nigerian music corporation record label founded by record producer and recording artist Don Jazzy on 8 May 2012. The label's inception came to fruition following the closure of Mo' Hits Records, a record label owned by the aforementioned producer and D'banj.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Artist Manager
- Mavin Global is recruiting an army of passionate artist managers who will be responsible for shaping the career path of our artists in a day-to-day and long-term sense. Our managers will be the main point of contact between the artist and their wider team, whilst remaining connected to the management.
- As an artist manager at Mavin, you are expected to be proactive about the development of the artist while liaising with producers and helping to drive music campaign strategies and objectives forward.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Negotiate contracts and fees, find and book events and venues that match the artist’s career goals.
- Work with the marketing team to develop and execute marketing strategies for music, film, and catalog projects. Marketing includes creating branding, strategy, timelines, and overseeing execution of radio, digital, publicity, retail, touring, tour marketing, licensing, and strategic marketing with artists.
- Required to book interviews for promotion, assist in hiring coaches and trainers to help artists with dancing, voice, translations, and others, and perform daily bookkeeping and complete financial obligations.
- Communicate efficiently with artists daily, ensuring confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Provide support whilst touring, assisting with logistics, VISAs, budgets, etc., and always look after the artist’s best interests on the road.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities for artists: arranging travel requirements, creating itineraries, and managing complex schedules. Ensuring the artist is on time for every shoot, session, interview, and other activities.
- May be required to advise on career decisions, publicity, and promotion, helping them on career decisions such as which record producer to work with, or which songs to perform, and managing media relations on their behalf.
- Cultivate relationships with music industry decision-makers on our talent’s behalf and must keep up to date with what’s happening.
- Assist with organising and negotiating contracts for release and publishing, and they communicate with the press.
What do we Expect?
Who is the ideal artist manager?
Our ideal artist manager should possess:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Experience in project management is key.
- Ability to work seamlessly with Marketing, A&R, Partnership and, Legal departments
- Must possess ninja communication skills, organisational skill and people-oriented
- Must have good knowledge of schedule management
- In-depth knowledge of music business, tour planning, and relevant industry network
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage complex projects
- 2-4 years in a marketing role or business development/sales
- Experience in Budgeting, Negotiation, Music Licensing, and publishing is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply