Biomedical Engineer at Lagoon Hospitals
Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biomedical Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities
- Perform operational and safety testing on all clinical equipment as well as assist other clinicals and staff on the proper usage and preventive maintenance of biomedical equipment across Lagoon Hospitals.
- Create schedules, tracking inventory, creating and using budget whilst overseeing contract obligations and deadlines
- Installs, test, calibrate, repair and provide technical support for biomedical equipment whilst keeping documentation of maintenance history across facilities.
- Ensure regular availability of Oxygen gas across Lagoon Hospitals.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of biomedical equipment and maintaining a database.
- Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation, demonstrations, instructing other healthcare staff in the use and care of equipment.
- Train team members and end users across facilities on the proper use of equipment and maintenance against safety operations.
- Improves equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction, conferring with equipment users, developing modifications, and collaborating with, manufacturers.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt before sending to Head of Operations for approval.
- Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends; analyze new medical procedures to predict likely outcomes.
- Advise Medical Directors on the planning, acquisition and use of medical equipment to maximize the life span.
- Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests, recommending and complying with procedures, training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel whilst complying with codes.
- Maintains medical / surgical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, conducting tests and troubleshooting and repairing malfunction equipment.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to complaints against seamless operations.
- Installs new equipment by conducting tests, ensuring adherence to safety measures and making modifications where necessary
- Liaise with all service providers in evaluating service contracts, servicing equipment, and maintaining inventories.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Complete and accurate records and reports as required by management.
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies / adherence to quality standards.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th September, 2021.