Business Development Manager in a Power Development Company
Sep 16, 2020, 8:20 PM
We are a Power Development Company focused on delivering cost effective and reliable energy to our clients. We deploy gas to power solutions in which we build, own and operate Independent Power Plants (IPP), that are put to use at customer's facility, thereby saving our clients the capital expenditure required to secure regular power supply.
As we expand our business, we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager (Gas & Power)
Location: Asaba, Delta
About the Job
- As Business Development Manager, you will self-generate leads as well as follow up on leads as required.
- He/she would follow up on prospects to close deals -Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs).
- This role is principally external and customer facing.
- From our regional office located at Asaba, Delta State, you would look for credible customers in the commercial or industrial sectors in Asaba, Onitsha, Owerri, Nnewi, Enugu, Aba and surroundings.
- This position would require travel on a regular basis to meet with potential clients.
- You would be a new business hunter who is happy to work autonomously as well as part of a business development team. You will report to the Country Business Development Manager.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Coordinating the execution of the marketing/business development plans and developing sales strategies for the assigned area.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing 'operational sales plans' annually, and achieving the objectives in terms of execution of power purchase agreements.
- Follow the sales process by taking responsibility for projects from acquisition phase to commissioning.
- Provide market input to the business development effort through customer visits, reports and monthly market reports.
- Establishing and implementing a structured market plan, in cooperation with the Business Development Manager, aimed at targeting and maintaining contacts with prospects, customers and associates.
- At least 7 years sales and marketing experience working with major gas & diesel generator sales companies operating in the Eastern part of Nigeria and should have a track record of selling diesel engines of not less than 1250KVA capacity.'
- First class consultative sales/marketing skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for assessing customer processes, customer needs and customer satisfaction.
- As a person, you are emphatic, energetic and sharp, result driven, independent and you have an entrepreneurial mindset. You are down to earth and you have a pragmatic way of approaching your job and its tasks.
- Education: B.Sc. or HND
- Candidates should come from any of the Eastern States and must be able to speak Igbo fluently
- Knowledge of account management, lead generation and relationship management
- Working with us provides an opportunity to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative.
- We offer an exciting job environment with a competitive salary that supports the company's vision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of mail clearly marked-'Business Development Mgr-East'
Application Deadline 30th September, 2020.