Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Community Development Facilitator at North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
Community Development Facilitator at North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
May 6, 2020, 10:15 PM
The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Community Development Facilitator (CDF) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions
- The CDF will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NLCB-funded activities or potential activities
- The CDF will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the YL/GL phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities
- This position will be based in Borno and Yobe State respectively, with program activities expected to be carried out throughout the State LGAs. Travel is expected.
- The Community Development Facilitator reports to the Program Manager, based at Monguno.
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for the project activities.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for project support.
- Work with Program Manager (PM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to PM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
- University Degree in Political Science, International Affairs or other related Social Sciences field is preferred.
- Three years of general work experience with at least two years of related experience is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record-keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem-solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com referencing the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and Resume/CV.
- A current CV listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A Cover Letter
Application Deadline 15th May, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts