Complaints and Feedback Mechanism Assistant at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaints and Feedback Mechanism Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Department: Program/Project Management
- The CFM Assistant is responsible for ensuring Community-Based Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CBFRM) are in place in all IMC program sites to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response as well as upholding the organization’s commitment towards Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage the complaint and feedback mechanism for the WFP project.
- Receive complaints and feedback and respond to enquiries at the complaint desk at program sites.
- Build staff awareness and commitment to a complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and IMC core values are respected.
- Refer program-specific complaints to MEAL Officer for follow-up.
- Build staff awareness and commitment to a complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and IMC core policies are respected.
- Ensure regular maintenance of complaints and feedback database/ information System and ensure information is shared on a regular basis.
- Carry out regular community feedback functions, ensuring that all SOPs and IMC core policies are respected.
- Maintenance of an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences.
- Accurately refer cases internally within the departments of the AAH - with the support of the MEAL Officer- following the standard operating procedures set for the referral system within IMC.
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the projects. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the beneficiary.
- Manage the complaint and feedback mechanism in accordance with the country mission’s specific to AAP and CHS commitments.
- Liaise with local authorities and community leaders to support the resolution of complaints.
- Lodge all feedback, complaints, and response in the CFM database.
- Support to ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe including those reported from the IMC toll-free line.
- Ensure the CFM database is forwarded to the MEAL officer on monthly basis and important complaints from complaint desks and suggestion boxes are reported immediately.
- Provide accurate information related to the subject beneficiary matter and other related ongoing activities.
- Ensure accurate recording of all the data related to the beneficiary.
- Submit internal, and accurate reports to the concerned program focal person. The reports will be submitted weekly, or daily according to the urgency of the complaint; include monthly recommendations, if needed, to the Program Manager as received.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post-conflict development contexts.
- Sound analytical, conceptual, and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa, and Kanuri languages both spoken and written.
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation, and evaluation.
- Experience in the implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for food and cash transfer programs.
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including a Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm, and other relevant global standards.
- Ethical focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send and address their Applications to the "Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps" via: [email protected]icalcorps.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 21st July, 2021.