Compliance Advisory Officer at United Bank for Africa Plc
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Advisory Officer
- Ensure adherence to Policy and Regulatory Compliance.
- To provide guidance to stakeholders on Compliance matters to ensure the bank’s operations and business transactions follow all relevant regulatory provisions and internal policies.
- To provide compliance and advisory services to executive Management.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure Compliance Advisory Portal is always properly manned, and all inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Respond to escalations and enquiries with respect to IMTOs.
- Respond to request for World-Check due diligence screening.
- Ensure prompt response to Request for Information (RFI) from Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit providing requested documents.
- Review and approve account opening request for PEPs and Public Sector Accounts.
- Review and approve Domiciliary Account Tiering /Due Diligence alerts.
- Conduct due diligence for Merchants and Payment Facilitators onboarding.
- Re-route STR/SAR escalations from business offices to Transaction Monitoring unit for proper filing.
- Attend to all BVN related changes taking into consideration the provisions of the CBN BVN Framework by ensuring completeness of recommended documentation.
- Attend to all Foreign Currency Transactions referred to Compliance for advice.
- Our ideal candidate must have deep knowledge of the Bank’s Products, Services, Processes and Policies with a minimum experience of 4 - 8 years’ in Operations, Internal Control & Audit.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Analytic, Conceptual and Investigation Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Avid Reader.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, powerpoint, World-Check.
- Firm, professional and result-oriented.
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s Products, Services, Processes and Policies.
- Good Understanding of Sanction screening.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021.