Compliance / Legal Officer at Checkoff Credit Systems Limited
At Checkoff Credit Systems Limited, we offer unsecured loans to workers, payroll loans to public and private sector employees.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance / Legal Officer
Job Type: Full time (Hybrid work model)
- Checkoff Finance has recently received an Approval In Principle from the Central Bank of Nigeria and is looking for a Compliance/Legal Officer.
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program
- Create effective internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Draft and revise company policies
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Fulfill regulators’ reporting obligations
- Check products from legal and compliance perspective.
- Receive and direct compliance issues for investigation and resolution.
- Develop, maintain and review compliance policies to prevent improper, unethical and illegal conduct.
- Handle rules, regulations and policy violation and review and suggest procedures initiation.
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Law
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in the same role
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards.
- Work experience in a financial institution regulated by CBN will be an added advantage.
- Have clear understanding of regulatory framework
N2,500,000 - N3,600,000 gross per annum (depending on experience).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 5th January, 2022.