Consumer Collections MIS Personnel at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consumer Collections MIS Personnel
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- The primary responsibility is using MIS skill in driving collection and recovery performance, daily activities through the various report generated and quality of our consumer loan portfolio.
- Monthly Consumer & SME Portfolio reports to Executive Management & BCC for UBA Nigeria & RoA.
- Product and Subsidiary limit monitoring to prevent portfolios from exceeding approved global limits and advice Product Teams on the need to obtain approval for limit increments where applicable.
- Weekly report on the performance of digital loans for the ED, Risk Management and GH, consumer banking.
- Portfolio performance and Recovery reporting to the Head Consumer Credit and Regional Collection Heads for monitoring against set targets.
- Recovery of overdue obligations on qualifying loans via GSI trigger (Nigeria).
- Address Consumer and SME customer queries.
- Monitor all collection and recovery triggers for consumer and SME portfolio management both preventive and resolution.
- Organize the weekly and Monthly consumer credit collection and recovery portfolio performance review.
- Post-disbursement of target loans via MIS to ensure they are in compliance with policy guidelines and accurate fees (Insurance, Management Fees etc.) are adequately taken.
- Counter-party Performance Reports to the Product Management Team Review and recommend from time to time the delisting and relisting of organisations based on NPL ratios.
- Bachelor's Degree in any related field.
- Masters and / or other professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications would be an added benefit.
- Minimum of 3+ years in Risk Management.
- Basic knowledge of IFRS 9 and Prudential Guidelines.
- Must have hands on experience in managing large data sets.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
The ideal candidates must be conversant with the following:
- Complex financing methods
- Financial statement analysis
- Understanding of CBN money policies and guidelines
- Credit analysis
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Knowledge of insurance claim process
- Credit risk management
- Knowledge of banking operations
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power BI/Tableau.
- Knowledge of SQL is an added advantage.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, planning, conflict resolution, organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Customer account analysis skill.
- Root Cause analysis and providing the right resolution plan for delinquent account.
- Knowledge of R and other statistical software is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of credit scoring techniques is nice to have.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply