Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Country Strategy Endline Evaluation Consultant at Oxfam Nigeria
Country Strategy Endline Evaluation Consultant at Oxfam Nigeria
Mar 17, 2020, 12:23 PM
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Country Strategy Endline Evaluation Consultant Location: Nigeria
Background, Rationale and Purpose of the Evaluation In alignment with the Oxfam global vision 2020 process, Oxfam in Nigeria aligned itself with the global goals and the one Oxfam model. To achieve this, an Oxfam Country Strategy (OCS) and Country Operational Model (COM) 2015-2019 was developed and launched. The OCS is anchored on a vision of a ‘secure and prosperous Nigeria, where the benefits from economic growth are shared so the basic needs of all people are met; where the rights of women are respected; where all people, especially the youth, can participate in decision making and influence the policies that impact on their lives; and where public and private sector institutions are accountable and transparent’. This vision is being achieved through the implementation of four interrelated change goals:
- Saving lives
- Sustainable increased income for the poor;
- Transforming attitude about women's rights; and
- Increased active citizenship and the accountability of public and private sector.
- Conduct an end-line evaluation of the OCS and COM outcome and process to generate the learning that will enable the development of a new strategy that is relevant, strategic and focused.
- At least an Advanced Degree in any Statistics, International Development, Development Studies and any Social / Political Sciences
- At least eight (8) years proven experience in Strategic Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning specifically for developmental projects and NGO sector for the lead evaluator;
- Have a proven experience of evaluating influencing / advocacy / campaigns in programmes and using the appropriate methodologies for such
- A proven record in delivering effective and professional evaluation results in developmental and humanitarian projects;
- Experience assessing the impact and outcomes on gender equality in evaluations;
- Excellent communication, analysis, writing and report presentation skills in English;
- Capacity to carry outfield research in Nigeria.
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Oxfam and its work.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from different sources relating to the scope of the evaluation
- Good eye for detail, adherence to logic and capacity for inductive reasoning
- Strong presentation, facilitating, communication and team working skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct discussions with a diversity of people ranging from senior management to project participants
- Willingness and ability to travel to the different sites in Nigeria.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their request for full Terms of Reference (ToR) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Application Deadline 31st March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts