Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Current Vacancies In A Renowned Oil and Gas Firm
Current Vacancies In A Renowned Oil and Gas Firm
May 30, 2019, 8:17 PM
A reputable Oil and Gas firm located in Lagos State is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below for an upcoming project: Job Title: Health Safety Officer Location: Akampka, Cross Rivers Job Responsibilities
- Develop and Manage stakeholder relationships, ensuring project internal and external interfaces regulators, Co-Venturers relating to HSSE & SP are managed effectively;
- Develop resource strategy for the offshore project.
- Provide Technical safety support to the offshore project.
- Ensure the offshore project complies with the requirements of the HSSE&SP Control Framework.
- Subject Matter Expert and Technical authority for Technical Safety Studies.
- BSc/BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Minimum of 7 years in specialist HSSE roles in the on/offshore Hydrocarbon industry, including at least 5 years’ experience in development and execution of major integrated projects is essential.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Supervising workers, subcontractors and work activities.
- Preparing and presenting site inductions, safety briefings and toolbox talks.
- Assessing and managing safety hazards.
- Ensuring appropriate site rules and welfare facilities are in place.
- Helping co-ordinate deliveries of materials, plant and equipment.
- Completing records for site reports.
- Attending site management meetings.
- B.Eng Civil Engineering or Building Technology, with appropriate health and safety training. Additional professional qualification is an advantage.
- A positive attitude.
- The ability to communicate with, motivate, and if necessary discipline the workforce.
- The ability to understand drawings and other contract documents.
- A good understanding of safety procedures.
- An understanding of occupational health and behavioral safety issues.
- Work Experience: 4-5 years
- First aid training
- Project Management and Risk management functions
- Project Finance monitoring and Contract Administration
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee site entitlement and due diligence effort for multiple new construction and remodelling projects across the company’s entire portfolio of projects.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized and accredited University in Civil Engineering, Building Technology or other related fields
- 10 Years’ experience in construction engineering with at least 6 years in a Construction Management position
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities in order to consistently meet deadlines
- Familiar with commercial construction building codes, energy codes, barrier free codes, etc.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts