Distribution Assistant at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Distribution Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Slot: 4 Openings
- The selected candidate(s) will work as part of the core team implementing food and cash distribution and will be responsible for distribution of food and cash during the General Food Distribution in-kind and Cash-based transfers (CBT) to IDPs and during the nutrition Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) for vulnerable children and Pregnant and Lactating women in all program sites.
Implementation of Programs Activities:
- Conduct community meetings to sensitize communities on the organization’s program and beneficiary entitlements.
- Assist and monitor the general running of Nutrition activities of IMC within the scope of the project area.
- Assist the Nutrition/ FSL Officer in preparing food distribution plans and program related internal and external reports for IMC and the community, including case studies and success stories.
- Work closely with Nutrition/FSL Officer to contribute to organizational and sector-wide learning through good quality documentation of lessons learned, best practices, evaluations etc.
- In collaboration with the Nutrition/ FSL Officer, propose and initiate improvements according to the lessons learnt during programming and the findings from assessments conducted within the program period.
- Identify and prioritize vulnerable people on distribution days
- Work with the security manager to ensure effective crowd control and safety of beneficiaries and staff.
- Work with team leaders to organize materials required for food distribution.
- Timely report to the team leaders about food received, suspected or confirmed losses or damages and amounts distributed.
- Supervise and coordinate with the casual workers, transporters and other team members to ensure effective distribution, safety and no losses of commodities.
- Plan and carry out MUAC screenings at BSFP sites.
- Support the team to supervise community promotion and awareness session on all planned activities while collaborating with community leaders and volunteers for smooth running of program activities.
- Plan field movement on a daily basis to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Support the integration of behavior change in health and nutrition, WASH activities to promote FSL program sustainability.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Qualifications And Experience
- Diploma in Food Security or Agriculture, Nutrition, Social Science, Social Works related discipline and at least two years of professional experience in food assistance interventions.
- Experience in north east Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Experience in community mobilization and sensitization.
- Experience in food, cash and NFI distribution
- Basic computer skills especially Word and Excel, access. Knowledge of other databases preferred.
- Good human relations and diplomacy.
- Attention to detail and with integrity and accountability to work expectations.
- Good knowledge of English (reading, writing, speaking). Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri is preferred.
- Capacity to work under stressful situations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Experience living in remote or isolated work stations, or insecure locations.
- Capacity to organize work with high inventory management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions properly and efficiently handle tasks.
- Good problem solver and have efficient communication and writing skills.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, addressed to "The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps", via the email: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this *recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: [email protected]
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Position: Nigerian nationals only
Application Deadline 8th June, 2021.