Driver at Center for Community Health and Development International
Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental Organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria. We make available information on sexual reproductive health / family planning for improved quality of life.
We advocate for youth and women’s sexual reproductive rights, treatment of people living with HIV / AIDS, increase in budgetary and proper utilization of allocated funding on children and women’s issues, improved provision of water supply, education and sanitation. We collaborate with other NGO’s and Government actors in curbing the menace of HIV / AIDS and in the advancement of peace and good government.
To accomplish this mission, CHAD, therefore, seek a competent person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Gombe / Borno
Position Type: Regular
- To provide driving support to the organization, while adhering to the standard driving regulation and the Nigerian highway code.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Drive the official vehicle in a safe manner, maintain an accurate log of all vehicle movement, maintain and repair in accordance with CHAD International vehicle policies and procedures.
- Keep track of vehicle repair and servicing. Procedure and replenish fuel, oil, and other inputs in a cost-effective manner that ensures reliable use of the vehicle using appropriate tools for requisition and approval.
- Respond promptly to request to ensure for vehicle use by appropriate staff.
- Ensure that the admin Officer or his / her designate is kept abreast of all routine promptness, proper appearance, and respect for laws, passengers and general public.
- Keep the interior and the exterior of the official vehicle clean at all time. Ensure the vehicle log book is updated at every trip; sign by passenger's appropriately. Ensure vehicle use polices and procedure is maintained.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to him by CHAD management.
- A minimum 3-4 years of experience in driving and fleet management.
- For Borno state applicant, he should be conversant with the insecurity situation of the state.
- Previous experience working with NGO or developmental organization will serve as an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, confident in facing challenges and overcoming problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling systems and procedures.
- Fluency in English is essential while knowledge of local language (Hausa) will be an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of automobile and good professional skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send Only their CV in a printed copy with a handwritten Cover Letter to:
Center for Community Health and Development International (CHAD) Office,
No- 4 Sherriff Musa Street,
Off Damboa Road, Maiduguri,
- Kindly indicate the Location you are applying for in your application
- All employees of CHAD Int’l will adhere to the Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, religion or tribe
Application Deadline 5th February, 2021.