Driver at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment type: Full Time - Local
Department: Operations & Administration
- We are looking for a professional and highly motivated Driver. S/he will support the Admin and Logistics Department in managing daily Logistics functions and supporting a staff movement across several locations.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of Senior Admin and Logistics Officer and closely with the staff.
Admin & Logistics activities:
- The driver will assist in the execution of SEARCH projects through safe and efficient transportation by vehicle of Search authorized passengers, transport goods and services throughout Abuja and the country of Nigeria in furtherance of the execution of the responsibilities of those passengers as they relate to SEARCH projects.
- The driver will also maintain his assigned vehicle to meet all reasonable safety standards and act accordingly in line with SEARCH policies and immediately report any needed repairs to the Admin and logistics Officer.
Specific Duties, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities
- Maintain professional and reliable driving skills; Observe general traffic rules & safety regulations and request passengers to use their seat belt inside the vehicle at all times;
- Drive project staff and other authorized personnel to various destinations safely, as assigned;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle e.g. accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, timely fueling of vehicle and monitoring of usage;
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on assigned vehicle to the supervisor in line with SEARCH vehicle policies;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, vehicle tool kit and necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that in the event of an accident, SEARCH rules/policies and traffic regulations are followed;
- Other office duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, relieving at the reception, handling of in-coming/outgoing telephone calls, screening of visitors, etc.;
- Fulfil reporting requirements and maintain proper and accurate records on vehicle; Logs all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for major repairs to ensure that the vehicle is kept in top performance and clean;
- Keenly monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy;
- Perform other logistics tasks such as dispatch and collection of mails, and other relevant items as assigned, and also assist with movement of items within the office premises.
High Team Performance:
- Participate in team meetings to bring up issues, share knowledge and achievements
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with the operations and Programs team
- Undertakes additional tasks or projects as assigned by the Senior Admin & Logistic Officer
- Ensure project vehicle is maintained and fueled on time for program activities
- Support in creating and sustaining a workplace culture of learning
- Effectively communicate information and insights to the team. Ensure successful communication with all areas of the business.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of the program.
Ensures compliance with Search’s values, policies and standards, and ensures compliance with all local statutory requirements:
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Ensures personal adherence to workplace health and safety requirements and either addresses or brings to PAL manager’s attention when others are in breach of these requirements.
- Acts in an ethical way when dealing with Search assets and other people.
- Standard work hours will be 40 hours /week. Work hours will cover after work hours and weekends
- Mondays to Thursdays: 7:30am-8:30am / 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Fridays: 7:30am – 8:30am / 3:pm – 10pm
- Saturdays / Sundays: Flexible hours (8 hours)
- 1-2 years of relevant practical experience working with a non-profit organization as a Driver or Logistic Assistant
- Experience in INGO is a plus
- Attention to detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Cooperation: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve a shared goal even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest
- Quality of work: Work is performed accurately, neatly and on time. Work is consistent, complete, and requires minimal checking and correction
- Job Knowledge and technical skills: Understands the job requirements and policy requirements. Has specific content knowledge where appropriate
- Organization of work: Manages his/ her time effectively and takes initiative, finding innovative ways to get the job done. Demonstrates self-reliance and resourcefulness.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Saturday, 1st October 2022.
- This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and the role may be filled if a suitable candidate is found.
- Candidates should send the following to our Career Portal: Current resume, Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- Please compile your cover letter, resume and all supporting documentation into one document as the system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.