Drivers at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
Locations: Kano, Sokoto, Yobe and Borno
Supervisor: Finance and Admin Officer
- The Nigeria Alive & Thrive (A&T) MIYCN social and behavior change program focuses on improving the delivery and expanding the coverage of MIYCN interventions that contribute to reducing maternal, newborn and child mortality and morbidity.
- A&T will work across the public and NGO sectors to improve MIYCN through A&T’s four components: advocacy, interpersonal communication and community mobilization, mass communication, and strategic use of data.
- At the national level, A&T will predominantly work with its public and NGO sector partners to improve the implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of key MIYCN policies (e.g., Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes; maternity leave; workplace support; breastfeeding-friendly health care and delivery facilities). A&T will also work in seven states—Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, and Sokoto—to apply the four components to reach households, communities, and facilities with targeted, age-appropriate social and behavior change communication (SBCC) messaging on MIYCN practices.
- At both the national level and in the seven states, emphasis will be to build the capacity of the public sector (primary healthcare facilities) and local NGOs/CBOs to improve MIYCN practices, advance MIYCN policies, expand the promotion of positive social norms, and extend timed and age-appropriate behavior change messaging through commercial facilities to households and communities.
- Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and managed by FHI Solutions.
- Under the direction of the Finance and Admin Officer, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Convey FHI Solutions Nigeria Staff and Consultants to designated approved locations.
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security, and maintenance of the assigned project vehicle.
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc requests by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfill special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificates, Apprentice Certificate or any other equivalent
- Certificates with a minimum of 2-years’ experience.
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organizations preferred.
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply