Electrical Engineer at Lekki Freeport Terminal
Lekki Freeport Terminal is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport. It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. The premise on which Leeki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Indirect reports To: Technical Director
- Under the general guidance of the Technical Maintenance Manager ensure efficient & high quality supervision for the technical staff and execution for all technical repairs and maintenance for container terminal Equipment’s.
- Continuously making sure that no interruption to the service offered by each equipment to operation with the best technical mean as possible to delivered safe & reliable equipment.
- To execute all planned , Corrective and Breakdown maintenance works for Electrical & Automation related field equipment like PLC, Drives other field equipment’s like Sensors , encoders loadcell etc.
- Responsible in leading and providing guidance to maintenance team in handling specialized electrical & Automation technical repairs for the terminal equipment’s towards achieving equipment reliability and availability.
- Prime responsible for safety of workforce and equipment.
- Planning and scheduling of Machine, Manpower and Material and Break Down Analysis and Elimination of Repetitive Break Down.
- Responsible to Annual Maintenance budget preparation and tracking through analysis of expenses and cash-flow
- Needs to drive the staff in a way that everyone follows the right process and duties, being all able to perform the job.
- Responsible to rewise and create the necessary risk assessments and SOP for the new jobs . In order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality for maintenance , needs to organize, manage and monitor all Technical activities described in all SOP.
- Must ensure that LFT Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures are maintained.
- Determined training need for subordinates and Develop On job training ,class room training for PLC, Drives , troubleshooting for technical support team for all level.
- Able to apply any modification (software or hardware) in PLC & Drive programming as per management need.
- Ability to develop strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies.
- Develop & execution of the preventive and Corrective Maintenance Program of Terminal & Workshop Equipment’s.
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive or corrective maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Supervise and lead planned maintenance or repair works, which carried out by technicians or contractors or OEM, to ensure that the works are done according to schedule, procedures and specifications.
- Ensures that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
- Identify and recommend stock levels for components and assemblies which are required; consequently authorize, or seek authority, within budgetary limits to purchase specific items.
- Monitor the manpower levels and requirements within his Department. This will also include an active role in the recruitment and subsequent employment selection process.
- Monitor and enforce all HSSE requirements when carrying out work.
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to management, as needed and Brief daily activities to Maintenance Manager and seek advice as required.
- Monitoring the ongoing development projects & keep updating and feed back in regular basis.
- Audit checks for Quality of maintenance activities
- Maintain PLC & drive program Back up. Make all PLC password protected.
- Maintain the PLC & Hardware bypass record & plan to rectify them according to criticality level.
- Root cause Analysis for PLC , Drives & LV Electrical system related repeated fault and Ensure that repeated breakdowns are repaired promptly, Control repaired time through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Creates, issue purchase requisitions of material/parts & Authorizes finishing (closing) open work orders
- Writes accident reports; participates in accidents/damage evaluation/costs/Investigation
- Organize meetings with the staff to communicate goals, objectives, and planning and scheduling, and to motivate group to achieve these goals.
- Perform other duties as required.
Critical Success Factors:
- Achieve and maintain all terminal KPIs.
- Expert in PLC (SIEMNS) & Drive system (Sinamics)
- No delay in mail and correspondent handling.
- Hands on experience & lead by example.
- Result Oriented, strong follow up , Negotiation skill.
- High level of analytical & troubleshooting skill for port equipment’s .
- Required exceptional time management due to fast moving demanding work.
- Zero discrepancies between planning and executing.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma / Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronic Instrumentation, Mechatronics, other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 Years of working experience in the related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in leadership capacity.
Skills and Abilities Required in Position:
- High standard in computer skill.
- Experience in Various PLC & Drive system development & maintenance experience.
- Experience in various software testing , Test Automation and scripting/coding.
- Experience in working with PLC software programming in Industrial Automation system.
- Expert in all type of Port Equipment Maintenance.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Experience in a fast paced , demanding environment (Technical aptitude, Automation Vendor Management. Incident Management , Process development )
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate high volumes of relevant work, sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary and work with business-like approach to daily changes.
- Takes ownership for work. Meet daily challenges with a positive and open mind.
- Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Good reporting and registration capability.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various equipment, and heavy industrial machinery.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply