Experienced Quantity Surveyor at Goteh Construction Company Limited
Goteh Construction Company Limited was established to provide a broad spectrum of solutions and expertise to the Africa infrastructure Sector. This broad capability enables us to offer our stakeholders full range of solutions from Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning as well as Maintenance Management.
Goteh deploys progressive construction methods to ensure that innovation and quality are prioritized for the benefit of stakeholders. Our business reputation is built on efficiency and timeliness of project delivery. Consistent safe delivery of complex projects has guaranteed our continuous success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Experienced Quantity Surveyor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Role / Objectives
- We seek to recruit an Experienced Quantity Surveyor who would supervise, manage and plan all costs associated with all types of construction projects, maximize project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
Position Overview / Responsibilities
- Minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Perform risk and value management, as well as, cost control.
- Identify, analyze and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Monitor site resources usage against budget.
- Support the Tender Preparation Team in the preparation of Bill of Quantities, costing for tenders, schedule of works, specifications and all contract documentation.
- Value completed works for payment processing.
- Certify works completed by subcontractors; assess changes and document variation orders, and carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales final accounts.
- Undertake costs analysis for repair and maintenance project works.
Qualifications and Requirements
- First Degree from a recognized university in Quantity Survey or related discipline.
- At least 5 years post NYSC in-depth experience of Quantity Surveying work, associated procedures and practices.
- The ability to work in partnership and lead a team across boundaries to achieve results.
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- A personal commitment to continuous self-development.
- Being a Registered Quantity Surveyor with NIQS/QSRBN is an added advantage
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- A professional approach which generates credibility and confidence in others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV attached with a passport photograph, Degree Certificate, NYSC Certificate and any other professional/relevant certificates in one (1) email to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who do not comply with the above directives would be disqualified
Application Deadline 25th March, 2022.