Factory General Manager at Louis Valentino Nigeria Limited
Louis Valentino Nigeria Limited is a wholly Nigerian company with a world-class trading franchise. Our business involves the retailing of unique building construction finishing materials from Europe.Hence, Louis Valentino Nigeria has five retail outlets in Abuja, Kaduna and Lagos offering varieties of products such as Sanitary Wares, Porcelain and Ceramic Tiles, Security and Panel Doors, Stone Coated Roofing sheets, Wall Papers, Bedroom Sets, Dining Sets e.t.c.
Our company is set up to bridge the gap in the supply of quality construction finishing materials to the Nigerian building sub-sector, and today we are a one-stop shop for Home-owners, Builders, Contractors and Estate Development Companies who are desirous of top quality finishing(s) for their building projects. LVNG has imbibed a strong organizational culture to drive and promote its business in a professional manner to meet international best practices. This is reflected in the Vision and Mission Statement of our organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Factory General Manager
- Take overall responsibility for the production factory you will typically serve as a senior management representative for the unit and be responsible for strategy, structure, budgets, people, financial outcomes, and scorecard metrics.
- This role will report to an Executive Director
- Oversee the workers and the equipment they operate on the factory floor. Responsible for contributing to and carrying out production strategy decisions. Ensure both the equipment and workers are operating at maximum efficiency.
- Hire and Train Factory Staff(in conjunction with HR)
- Participate in interviewing and selecting candidates. Train new hires on factory policies and procedures.
- Delegate Tasks to Factory Staff as Necessary
- Make sure factory equipment is running at optimal efficiency. create a maintenance procedure for every machine and ensure factory employees follow this procedure regularly.
- Analyze Factory Production Data and Devising Improvement Strategies as Necessary
- Keep a close eye on key production metrics. By constantly analyzing this data, factory managers identify and address dips in production before they become major issues.
- Create Production Data Reports and Present them to Decision Makers
- Create production reports based on their data analysis. present these production reports to decision makers in strategy meetings on a regular basis.
- Constantly walk the factory floor to make sure all employees are performing their assigned tasks. This involves keeping employees content and motivated.
- Create and Enforce Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures
- Work with quality control managers to develop a standard quality control process and ensuring factory employees work to established standards.
- Create and Implement Machine Maintenance Standard Operating Procedures
- Oversee daily operations
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit's employees.
- Report key results to corporate officers.
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit's offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- B.Sc / BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Note: must be above 40 years
- Preferably Male
- Must reside in Abuja as candidates outside Abuja will not be considered.
Skills & Competencies:
To be successful in this role, you’ll generally need the following skills and qualities:
- Strategic planning skills: GMs must ensure the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan for an organization or business unit.
- Financial planning skills: GMs are responsible for looking at the future of the business and making key investments and investment recommendations.
- Interpersonal skills: GMs must be able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
- Leadership skills: GMs are responsible for leading entire business units or divisions of an organization.
N250,000 - N300,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 7th September, 2021.