Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Fashion and Lifestyle > Fashion Store Operations Manager in a Luxury Fashion Store in Lekki
Fashion Store Operations Manager in a Luxury Fashion Store in Lekki
Mar 11, 2020, 3:54 PM
Owens and Xley Consults - Our client, a luxury Fashion Store in Lekki is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fashion Store Operations Manager Location: Lekki, Lagos
Function of the Role
- The Fashion Store Manager is the brand ambassador of the brand. She will be responsible for handling the daily management of the operations of the store.
- This includes developing and implementing processes that would help with meeting and exceeding sales targets and store profitability;
- Providing customers the ultimate experience by successfully executing the brand’s strategy;
- Leading and developing a team of sales professionals in providing unsurpassed customer service.
- Ensure Sales Associates are collecting relevant customer data to assist in relationship building and using data to tailor future, personalized shopping experiences
- Work with Business Development Manager (BDM) in producing and executing business plan/strategy for the store, including: sales development, events, promotions, training, merchandising, etc.
- Inform BDM of competitor activities / promotions and strategies
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of products
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the brand’s core values
- Recruit, guide and develop a team of professional sales staff, according to local HR directives
- Participate in staffing decisions including: discipline, training, assignment and termination, according to local HR directives
- Continually develop the sales associates and other staff so they can grow with the Company as it grows
- Work with HR on assessing all the sales associates, and store support staff
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented; encourage ongoing dialogue with direct reports to foster new ideas and to achieve sales objectives
- Plan out work assignments and work schedules of the employees and assign specific duties to employees
- Ensure that the store personnel comply with the store’s security, sales and record taking practices and procedures.
- Model and promote great customer service
- Ensure that both your own personal sales contribution and that of your team meet and exceed performance goals set
- Demonstrate sales leadership by actively being on shop floor; working with the store team in developing techniques that can build customer loyalty and brand awareness through superior service
- Regularly and effectively communicate company/store sales plan objectives the team so they can achieve clearly defined sales expectations.
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Attend to customers
- Take opening and closing stock count
- Ensure store is visually appealing
- Collate and communicate customer feedback.
- Routinely review POS transactions, incoming/outgoing merchandise orders and inventory levels for accuracy; regularly prepares scheduled sales reports
- Prepare weekly operations reports.
- Work with BDM to prepare sales report
- Prepare inventory report.
- HND or B.Sc in any related discipline preferably Marketing, Business and Finance.
- Must be female
- Experience must include: leadership, coaching and development of sales teams; performance management; stock/inventory management; visual merchandising
- Be able to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel and a Point of Sales (POS) system
- Be flexible to work in various roles based on business needs (front or back office)
- Appreciated background in luxury goods a plus
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of sales management experience in retail or luxury retail environment, with proven track record in sales generation and overseeing the achievement of sales and profitability targets
- Appreciated previous titles: Store Manager, Store Director, Retail Manager, Retail General Manager.
- Result-oriented and dynamic team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills.
- Goal oriented approach
- Highly analytical with a drive for numbers
- Good networking, prospecting and closing skills
- High level of professionalism
- Confident and pleasant
- Knowledgeable of current trends
- Loves a challenge
- Assertive and creative
- Stylish and fashion savvy.
- Keen eye for detail
- Have a deep desire to work in the luxury retail industry
- Sociable and friendly
- Work in the office
- Will be required to write reports
- Might be required to work overtime, on weekends and travel if necessary.
Salary N100,000 - N150,000 / month.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail. Application Deadline 13th March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts