Finance Manager at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Locations: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Technical Manager: Finance Head of Department - Abuja
LIne Manager: Operations Support Coordinator
Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Proposed Start date: July 2022
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Finance Manager who will work closely with the Head of Finance in providing high quality financial management information for effective programme implementation and maintaining financial accounting systems in line with the mission's finance policies and procedures at the base level.
- The role primarily involves but not limited to timely consolidation and submission of base treasury needs, monitoring of Budget Follow Ups (BFU), base financial reporting and managing the performance of the finance team at the base.
- Implement effective accounting procedures at the field level and ensuring that these procedures are respected;
- Facilitate the comprehensiveness and precision of entries and the correct budgetary charging of expenses;
- Supervision of monthly closure of field financial books and completion of cash count and bank reconciliation;
- Monthly update of all accounting related documentation including reconciliation of bank and cash books;
- Review the field monthly accountancy to ensure correctness of account codes, budget lines and descriptions used and feedback is sent to all admins on accountancy;
- Monitor base compliance with in-country tax policies which includes ensuring WHT is filed and is deducted from suppliers and recorded correctly in accountancy;
- Implement the best practices of maintaining a good tax system at the base level;
- In collaboration with budget holders, develop forecast and monitor each financial lines as well as incorporating budget forecast in BFU.
- Organize & lead monthly BFU meetings at the base & provide updates to Finance HoD when required;
- In collaboration with the Finance Head of Department, monitor level of over/underspending per budget lines and also communicate any information that may have impact on the mission financials and grant management in line following donor guidelines and procedures;
- Implement the mission Cash Management procedures;
- Review and validate payment for purchases falling within the monthly forecast of his/her base
- In collaboration with program managers for each grant at the base, ensure good forecast in line with the mission spending plan
- Provide induction/briefing on accountancy to all field employees joining finance department;
- Conduct regular refresher trainings on accounting tools to new/existing finance staff on regular basis;
- Ensure proper filing of grants vouchers (review hard documents, review archiving process with the Capital finance team in close coordination with Finance HoD
- Conduct internal Audit from time to time by using FAP “Financial Audit tool” and share report with Finance HoD when required;
- Support head of finance department in identifying risks of fraud and corruption and setting up preventive and monitoring mechanisms;
- Report cases fraud or suspicions of fraud cases following the proper channel.
- Ensure expenditures are in line with the forecast prepared, analyse discrepancy between cash and budget forecast and put in place corrective measures
- With the help of Capital Finance Officer, monitor funds & ensure that there is a low balance towards end of the month
- Organize BFU & forecast meetings with all key staff (finance & Non-finance) to ensure the team is well trained on BFU & recognize the importance of BFU
- To develop and conduct training for finance staff on accounting policies & tools at the base level;
- Identify the training needs of finance team at the base and develop training plana and capacity building sessions;
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related business management field is required;
- A Master's Degree or relevant professional membership (ACCA, ICAN) is an added advantage;
- 3+ years of experience with a strong financial background with experience in team management;
- Proven management, representation, and coordination skills (managing people and processes);
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, literacy, and numeracy;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Significant experience in INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies;
- Fluent in English;
- Working knowledge of SAGA accounting system.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills (ability to analyze budgets and make financial forecasts);
- Rigorous organizational and administrative skills (definition of priorities, delegation, training);
- Familiarity with main AAH donors and donor procedures (BHA, ECHO, FCDO);
- Prior experience in conducting and delivering audit support to mission;
Starting Gross Basic Salary
N718,840 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
Other benefits include but not limited to:
100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2022.