Finance Officer at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Human Resource Associate. WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full-time
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a woman-led, faith-based non-governmental organization (NGO) is seeking applications from qualified Chartered Accountants to fill in the position of Finance Officer for a USAID-funded subgrant from DAI State2State project in Ebonyi State.
- WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and credible NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
- WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded State2State subgrant in seven local government areas in Ebonyi State and is looking for an experienced chartered accountant and to work in their Ebonyi state project office.
- Wewe does not have an existing candidate for this position and it is solely based on merit. We are looking to hire a talented, highly skilled professional.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The Finance Officer will assist with the processing of financial transactions
- Ensure that financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Advice and assist staff members on all aspects of travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and paid after authorization of due for claims and services.
- Keeping inventory for office consumables
- Support program activities such as vendors selection processes, quotes, etc
- Assist in signing and collection of program attendance sheet
- Making photocopies of transaction
- Oversee stationeries usages
- Ensure financial reports are timely provided according to financial guidelines.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements, and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations, and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must possess a second class upper/upper credit
- Proficient in the use of Quick book accounting software
- Ability to develop financial budgets for donors
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience in an NGO on a US government-funded project is required.
- Candidates with ICAN or ACCA qualification or its equivalent is preferred
- Additional professional certifications or postgraduate qualification is an added advantage
- 2-3 years experience in finance-related roles
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae and cover letter should be in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the position.
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees
Application Deadline 16th January, 2022.