Financial Analyst at the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN)
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in collaboration with global development partners to address the major financing challenges facing Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Objective and Summary
- The Financial Analyst provides high quality analysis of the Bank’s financial activities to ensure availability of critical information for decision making within the Bank.
- He/She carries out financial processing of transactions and generates journals, trial balance, financial statements and other reports.
- The role reports to the Head, Finance & Accounts.
Financial Policies and Control:
- Coordinates finance policies and processes, updates and ensures withdrawal of outdated policies and processes
- Collates feedback and evaluates information on financial control lapses from various sources
- Liaises with the relevant teams to organize workshops and other communication aimed at promoting Financial Control awareness.
Financial Transaction Processing:
- Processes all financial transactions of the Bank in line with the Financial Management manual
- Prepares accurate and timely journal entries in support of all financial transactions
- Prepares daily activity records and Bank’s financial position
- Posts duly approved entries in Bank’s core banking application and generates the trial balance.
Financial Data Analysis:
- Calculates and analyses trends in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives
- Prepares and evaluates financial projections - income statements, balance sheet, cash flow and key ratios
- Prepares yield and cost reports of assets and liabilities
- Conducts financial and economic analyses of customers, projects and initiatives to assess profitability and performance
- Collects and analyzes all financial data and appropriate performance indicators to ensure optimal balance sheet management
- Analyses prudential and regulatory ratios and reports on compliance with set thresholds.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements and analysis
- Generates financial ratios between current and prior year values in the Balance Sheet, Income and Cash Flow Statements
- Assists with the provision of financial recommendations and advice to the management
- Provides financial expertise to teams in charge of activities at the various stages of project cycle, namely identification, preparation, appraisal, implementation and completion
- Reviews financial records and audit reports of on-lending accounts in order to advise on the allocation and monitoring of on-lending funds.
- Conducts review on historic performance and prepares report on financial trends and financial statement analysis
- Reviews and reports on the alignment of proposed capital expenditure for initiatives with the Bank’s objectives/performance targets as well as perform cost-benefit analysis
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounts or any Social Management Sciences or Business-related discipline.
- A post-graduate or master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years working experience in an Accounting or Finance related function in a financial institution.
- Membership of ICAN, ACCA, CFA or CPA is required.
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of cash-flow and financial modelling
- Knowledge of local and international economic and development issues.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and regulations (GAAP/IFRS etc.)
- Working knowledge of financial control and analysis
- Knowledge of relevant banking applications
- Knowledge of controls and risk management
- Expertise in Financial & Management Accounting
- Expertise in research, data gathering and numerical analysis
- Demonstrates expertise in Financial Analysis & Interpretation and reporting
- Excellent communication skills (Oral & Written)
- Expertise in technical financial report writing.
- Mentoring and Coaching Skills
- Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
- Organisation Skills
- Teamwork, collaboration and networking skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Team management
- Strategic Thinking/Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume and Covering Letter to: [email protected] using "Application for Financial Analyst Role - Candidate Name" as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2022.
, Adamawa State
, Akwa Ibom State
, Anambra State
, Bauchi State
, Bayelsa State
, Benue State
, Borno State
, Cross River State
, Delta State
, Ebonyi State
, Edo State
, Ekiti State
, Enugu State
, Gombe State
, Imo State
, Jigawa State
, Kaduna State
, Kano State
, Katsina State
, Kebbi State
, Kogi State
, Kwara State
, Lagos State
, Nasarawa State
, Niger State
, Ogun State
, Ondo State
, Osun State
, Oyo State
, Plateau State
, Rivers State
, Sokoto State
, Taraba State
, Yobe State
, Zamfara State