Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Food Security & Livelihoods Supervisor at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Food Security & Livelihoods Supervisor at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Mar 19, 2020, 5:43 AM
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is now looking for qualified candidates for its FSL team in Maiduguri, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security & Livelihoods Supervisor Location: Maiduguri, Borno Contract Start Date: 13th April, 2020
- Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Deputy Project Manager (DPM), the Food Security and Livelihoods Supervisor is responsible for the daily implementation of the Food Security and Livelihoods Program activities in Bolori II, Maiduguri, Borno State.
- The FSL supervisor will supervise the organization, implementation and monitoring of FSL activities within her / his geographical assignment on daily basis.
- Lead the implementation of FSL activities according to the FSL program direction and ensure program quaity standards are manintaiend at field level
- Organize and supervise all FSL assessment activities pertaining to the project deliverables such as post ditribution monitoring, need and market assessments, IGAs and impact evaluations
- Follow up and support her / his team in the identification and registration of beneficiaries, and supplier / vendors
- Organize, follow up and support capacity building trainings and experience sharing vistis for livelihoods beneficiaries engaged in IGAs where applicable
- Liaise with the local community representatives and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activities
- Ensure proper training and supervision of the community’s volunteers and/or daily workers who will take part in the project
- Organize the sensitizations for the beneficiaries or community’s members according to the identified needs
- Performed as liaison with the local population and authorities in identifying their needs, grievances and other activities might have potential consequences with PUI activities
- Actively participate in the post distribution monitoring activities
- Support and follow up the business acivities of livelihoods beneficiaries, and ensure documentation of best practices
- Follow up and support the collection of any relevant information from the communities and partners
- Follow up and support his / her team during E-voucher card distribution, disbursement and cash grant transfers
- Follow up and support to determine protection issues in the field and liase to his/her Line Manager
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the Food Security and Livelihoods Program projects’ goals and agree with the implementation process
- Actively participate to the good collaboration with local leaders and community representatives for smooth implementation of the program activities
- Attend regular community meetings in the assigned area
- Follow the guidelines, methodology & protocols & train the officers on them
- Supervise to his / her team and allocate staff under his / her supervision to Bulama’s area with manageable caseload allocation
- Ensure that the FSL Officers have proper workplan (daily and weekly) and tools in place to execute their regular assignment
- Conduct perofrmance appraisal of the FSL Officers under his / her direct line management
- Perfom as focal person for protection and security issues in her / his team
- Prepare weekly task for his / her team and submit to his/her line manager for validation
- Ensure the security rules in the field are respected, the safety of the field officers is guaranteed and the regular communication with the security focal person is maintained
- Organize regular meeting with his / her team and ensure they have necessary support
- Identify the technical and adimistrative needs of the team under his / her supervision
- Build the technical capacity of the team under supervison through regular on job mentoring and feedback
- Report to the FSL DPM on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries
- Submit daily and weekly situational report to line manager on daily and weekly basis
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her supervisor and PM
- Develop the first draft of success stories / best practices documentation in line with FSL activities
- Collect, enter and analyze his/her team necessary food security data according to the need of the program
- Extract and pass on compiled statistics on livelihoods activities (beneficiary, cards, assessments, monitoring, etc) to his/her line manager
- Report any information, problems, issues to his / her direct and or indirect supervisor concerning his / her task, PUI programs and security matters
- Under the responsibility of the FSL DPM, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of the field team
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools during on-site works by her/his team
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners, community leaders (especially Lawans), community committees and other stakeholders
- Represent PUI at anytime and anywhere when s/he is in duty
- Ensure coordination with PUI Staff and stakeholders concerning community intervention activities
- Support and manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with Logistic Department
- Analyze the security situation in the area and inform the FSL Deputy PM in case of security incidents, rumors or any security information
- Internal and External Representation:
- In cordination with the team members and other PUI program sector, the FSL Supervisor oversees and manageme the implementation of FSL program
- Ensure effective and timely completion of activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries
- Ensures that no duplication of intervention in respective aread and to maintain good working collaboration with other humanitarian actor at the field level.
- Contribute on the assessment processes, gathered essential information in the community to support the department in developing new project and strategy
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa, knowledge in Kanuri is an asset
- Education degree: Bachelor's Degree in Livelihoods Development, Entrepreneur, Marketing, Business Development, Business Administration / Management, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Agribusiness Management, Food Security, Cooperative Management or related fields. Previous experience with NGO is required.
- Work experience: At least 2 years’ or more experience in a similar position in an INGO’s preferably related to food security, livelihoods or emergency response, recovery and resilience building, and cash transfer program.
- Previous experience in humanitarian assessment, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
- Food Security and Livelihoods programming
- Cash Programming
- Business management/ development or IGAs.
- SPHERE standards
- Computer skills: Proficient user of MS office (world and excel) and data collection tools (kobo, ODK, GPS, GIS etc.)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Baseline surveys & Assessment
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Transversal Skills:
- Excellent Field work skills
- Team management
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Rigor and organization
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Stress Management and flexibility
- Strong Negotiator, Diplomatic and with problem solving skills
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to applyApplication Deadline 25th March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts