Francophone Senior Legal Officer at International Energy Services Limited (IESL)
International Energy Services Limited (IESL) is one of the top oil and gas servicing companies in Nigeria. The company’s key strength is its people. We are a determined team with backgrounds covering a range of disciplines and expertise. Our professionalism and passion for engineering have enabled IESL to become a leader in our field, and each of us takes pride in the part we play in the company’s success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Francophone Senior Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Upstream Oil & Gas Operations:
- Drafting, vetting and confirmation of all contracts and all legal matters on behalf of the company
- Drafting / preparation and reviewing of various types of agreement such as drilling rigs agreement, and various specialized services for exploration and production activities, bank credit facility agreement, etc
- Representation and participation in contractual meetings with third parties
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on employment agreement between the company and employees
- Provide commercial contract management & contract drafting of award strategies
- Provision of legal briefs on litigation matters as at when necessary
- Representation of company with appropriate regulatory bodies
- Providing secretarial / legal support services at Board and management meetings
- Review of all proposals from contractors and subcontractors
- Drafting of MOU / MOA on behalf of the company
- Monitoring compliance with statutory obligations and service codes
- Liaising with representatives of host communities at company’s field locations
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Maintain current knowledge and changes in petroleum laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Law. A Master's degree will be an advantage
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written French is a must
- Have proven experience in handling legal matters pertaining to oil and gas business
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail