Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Legal > Governance & Compliance Supervisor at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Governance & Compliance Supervisor at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Mar 16, 2020, 11:45 PM
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria's largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Governance & Compliance Supervisor Location: Lagos Job Type: Full time Reporting To: Governance and Compliance Lead
- This role is responsible for providing specialist advice, support and drive Corporate Governance and Compliance, thereby ensuring the efficient operation of the Ikeja Electric’s decision making mechanisms and that our operations follow the legal and regulatory requirements as it relates to our business and industry.
- Develop, implement and manage the compliance framework to achieve the Company’s goal of regulatory compliance at all times.
- Ensure information flow to internal and external stakeholders are reliable, correct and approved in line with regulatory requirements and business sustainability at all times.
- Conduct periodic compliance assessments of the Company’s adherence to laws, regulations, orders, policies and processes.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations.
- Coordinate or oversee regulatory submissions and reporting activities.
- Track all issues referred to compliance up to and including resolution.
- Ensure compliance and timely delivery of all routine and adhoc reports per Ikeja Electric’s regulatory obligations.
- Classify various stakeholders and understand regulatory or contractual relationship (orders, codes statutes or agreements etc.) thereby developing a framework to highlight duties, obligations, roles, penalties, remedies, dispute resolution, risk and mitigation strategy in line with governance and compliance expectations.
- Implement, manage and embed a corporate governance and compliance framework for Ikeja Electric and ensure that there are policies, processes, procedures and risk management guidelines required to maximize shareholders and stakeholder values.
- Develop and review policies and processes.
- Advise Management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations, and their impact through detailed reports/advisory memos.
- Provision of operational support and practical advice, geared towards effective and efficient management of the company’s regulatory compliance risks.
- Develop the Company’s annual Sustainability Report.
- Support the development and implementation of a culture of governance and compliance at Ikeja Electric in line with the Board approved policies and the Code of Corporate Governance.
- Ensure continuous awareness of all staff and other stakeholders of Ikeja Electric on governance and regulatory requirements – via training and newsletters.
- Provide company secretarial support
- A degree in law and professional certification from the Nigerian Law School.
- A minimum of 4 years of cognate experience in corporate governance, compliance, corporate/commercial law or a relevant discipline such as risk management, internal control, ethics management, or internal audit
- Additional professional certification would be an added advantage - ICSA, ACAMS
- Corporate Administration – (Policy development, formulation and implementation)
- Stakeholder management – (Negotiation and Conflict resolution)
- Good knowledge of key regulatory requirements as it relates to the business
- Good investigative skills
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – especially, Excel, Power point and Word
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry
- Good knowledge of risk management.
- Strong ability to analyze data, prepare reports, policies, presentations and legal opinions
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to applyApplication Deadline 27th March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts