Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Full Time > Graduate Research Assistant in a Book Club in Lagos
Graduate Research Assistant in a Book Club in Lagos
Jun 15, 2020, 11:59 PM
Outliers is a book club comprised of young professionals, all with a deep love for reading and knowledge and a deeper understanding of its importance and benefits to wholesome self-development. Our objective is to inspire change through knowledge, and we do that by initiating intellectual discussions on varying subject matters drawn from pre-selected books, articles, and short videos.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Graduate Research Assistant Location: Lagos
- Research Associates are hired by the Outlier Africa Exco to assist in carrying out a particular research agenda. The title/pay level is determined based upon the prospects experience.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Summarize interviews
- Supervise undergraduate students working on the research project (maintaining records on assignment completion, acting as liaison/mediator between the undergraduate students and the faculty researcher)
- Attend outliers book club meetings
- Observe Outliers Exco and other meetings as necessary
- Summarize project results
- Prepare progress reports for the Exco and funding agency
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
- Monitor relevant project budgets.
- Provide ready access to all research materials for the Outliers Exco and/or supervisor
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
- Manage and respond to project-related email
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials
- Academic and/or work experience related to the field of research
- Experience with Microsoft Office (word, excel and PowerPoint), as required by the supervisor
- Satisfactory academic progress (Minimum Second Class Upper Division Honours)
- Satisfactory experience with social media content management (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn).
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Outliers Exco. Quarterly work requirements and schedules must be discussed with the Supervisor to ensure that the work priorities can be accomplished. Concerns about any additional responsibilities should be discussed first with the supervisor, and then the Graduate Program Committee Chair of the Exco
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts