Graduate Trainee Program at Ikore International Development Limited
Ikore International Development Limited (Ikore) is an international development organization, proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities. In the Agricultural Sector, we facilitate inclusive market growth by deploying strategies that promote value chain competitiveness and build resilient communities, ensuring bumper harvest for rural poor farmers in those communities.
Our very dynamic and innovative workforce/people have experience working in different value chains across Nigeria and Africa. Our people work collectively with host communities to design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Graduate Trainee Program
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
Program Overview and Role
- Our very dynamic and innovative workforce / people have experience working in different value chains across Nigeria and Africa. Our people work collectively with host communities to design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- The 6-month graduate trainee program is designed to attract individuals that are passionate about Agricbusiness in Africa and are willing to learn and contribute their knowledge to the development of the sector.
- The Program will provide an intensive learning opportunity for young and aspiring professionals and project managers who will like to work with Agric businesses.
- Mobilize networks, build partnerships and collaborations in order to drive growth in identification, selection and engagement of various stakeholder;
- Conduct thorough financial and non-financial due diligence, present and recommend the most relevant investment opportunities to different stakeholder;
- Manage proposal processes and pipelines; from capture, through technical development, drafting, narrative reviews, and finalization;
- Track and assess new project opportunities and proactively contribute to marketing efforts to build a pipeline of high-quality business opportunities;
- Collaborate with other colleagues to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities;
- Meet with potential investors/funders/partners to present company offerings and negotiate business deals.
- Participate in technical design, including identifying and analyzing potential solutions in response to development challenges through desk research, stakeholder interviews, and ideation with the leadership and technical team;
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities; support the expansion of Ikore’s institutional donor pipeline. Identify and pre-qualify new bid opportunities through online and offline searches;
Project Implementation Support:
- Support with implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved;
- Facilitate meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services;
- Coordinate the projects and their interdependencies;
- Liaise with international and local partners on all projects and interventions;
- Support with Identifying rural market opportunities, design strategies/intervention guides for developing these market areas/commodity chains, and lead implementation.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of project status throughout its life cycle;
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome project risks, and resource management, and produce project reports for management and stakeholders;
Startup and technology management:
- Evaluate how new business models can be applied effectively to create new value, understand how Ikore can best leverage the assets of corporate partners to create competitive advantage, examine market size and build business case;
- Gather information from the ecosystems to assess market opportunities and feasibility of innovation concepts;
- Develop compelling product strategies, competitive analysis, roadmaps, and product requirements documents (PRDs) to communicate vision.
- Have a Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Project Management, Finance/Investment or any business management, Economics related degree;
- Be resident in Abuja, FCT;
- Be between the age of 22 to 30 years;
- Be committed to values associated with improving the lives of smallholder farmers;
- Should possess exceptional researching and writing skills including presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills and empathy, ability to pay attentive to detail, have the ability to think outside of the box, and have a strong commitment to individual freedom as well as an interest in AgTech businesses,
- Experience owning a work stream in a project and structuring analysis, developing recommendations and presenting results
- Program or project management experience, ensuring that deadlines are met, and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Team player with strong leadership skills - you take ownership of your team and their work and you are willing to help people around you to become even better.
- Have experience managing a small business and startup experience; or experience from investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or angel investing
- Self-starter with project management and leadership experience
- Have the ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone, anywhere
What will you gain
You will embark on an exciting and flexible, 16-week journey in which you will benefit from:
- Mentoring from experts in the field;
- Exposure to various business and soft skills;
- Monthly salary/stipend between NGN100,000-NGN150,000
- Successful trainees will be retained.
- In addition to helping young graduates learn skills that can be applied in future endeavors, this program will support the graduate’s professional development and will give them skills that will enhance their portfolios.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV and Cover Letter in a single PDF to: [email protected] with "Graduate Trainee" as the subject of the email.
Note: If you are passionate about this opportunity but do not have 100% of the experience we are looking for, apply, we still want to hear from you!
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2022.