Human Resource Officer an Indigenous Non-governmental Organization
We are an indigenous non-governmental Organization that focuses on enhancing women and youth empowerments and resilience building, Protection, Education, Peace building and conflict Management programmes, gender equality and inclusion, capacity building on sustainable agriculture, microfinance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 6 Month with possibly of renewal
Overall purpose of the Role
- The HR officer will support the preparation of HR tasks and maintenance of staff information. Develop/update HR policies and procedures in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- She/he will be responsible for handling all human resource and functions which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counseling/Guidance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Promote workplace safety through impartial treatment to all employees through proper practices and employment policies throughout the organization. Ensure that all policies are applied fairly and consistently to all employees.
- Organize training on Code of Conduct for staff. Brief on other HR policies/procedures to staff.
- Keep track, record and properly manage the issue and letters the organization gets from governmental departments.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions
- Filing of all project related documents and development of a transparent and efficient filing system of all administration records as per the organizational filing procedures.
- Review HR related documents before the executive director approves.
- Ensure all necessary office resources (Stationaries, office supplies, drinking water are stocked and managed.
- Ensure all staff are given the contracts (along with the required attachment) & ID cards on the first working day and staff information data is filled and filed. Follow up with the staff and obtain file one copy of staff contract along with the attachment in personal file.
- Ensure all staff personal files are updated according to the checklist /procedures on constant basis.
- Ensure all staff complete the Induction before sent to work.
- Prepare the monthly Payroll Leave Schedule for national staff.
- Ensure that all recruitments are done in accordance with the organizationâ€™s recruitment processes.
- Coordinate with Team Leader on Annual Leave, sick Leave forms, review for correctness (for approval, availability of leave), update the data base for leave and file in staff personal files.
- Update annual leave schedule every month and submit to Executive director every month.
- Ensure all staff taxes and legislative obligations are done on time as per the government deadlines.
- Follow up and Line supervisors and ensure the Performance (Probation) objectives are set and filed within two weeks of the appointment date
- Ensure the reminders on staff performance (Probation) evaluations are sent to the line managers and final evaluations are filed before the deadline of Probation evaluation. (Performance evaluations has to be approved by line manager and forwarded to the Executive Director's approval before filing).
- Facilitate regular staff communication, through arranging regular staff (preferably weekly) meetings and ensuring relevant information is being passed on to staff.
- Coordinate with other partners through HR cluster meeting for capacity building and information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Administration and Management or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience as a Human Resource or similar HR role in an NGO
- Excellent knowledge of various HR functions such as pay & benefits, recruitment, onboarding, evaluation, training & development etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Strong ethical standards
- Additional HR education and certification will be a plus.
- Good understanding of labor laws
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
Knowledge and skill:
- Proficient knowledge on HR relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Understanding of the northern cultural and political environment
- Ability to have supervisory, team building, problem solving, interviewing, stress management, basic counseling and negotiations skills
- Verbal and listening communications skills
- Knowledge on performance review methods and techniques
- Ability to Train staff, development and recognition, delegation, mentoring and coaching
- written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedure
License / Certification:
- Certification through Educational Institute or through SHRM preferred (added advantage).
- Attention to detail;
- Mature, professional interaction with employees, visitors and organizational contacts;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Bi-lingual fluency is a plus Reasoning Ability
- Must have the ability to understand complex concepts.
- Excellent oral / written communication skills.
- Ability to handle employee and management requests in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize work;
- Ability to keep confidences and keep work confidential;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time Supervisory
Standards of Conduct
- The high ethical standards of the policies must be upheld by all members of the WINN.
- The policies relative to press relations, equal opportunity, discrimination, sexual harassment, vendor relations, etc., stated in the employee handbook and manuals are inviolable.
- We pride ourselves on providing a professional caring atmosphere for partners and all fellow employees and will achieve this goal through responsible actions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Equal Opportunity: We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Application Deadline 14th September, 2020.