Hygienist at Smile 360 Dental Specialists
Smile 360 Dental Specialists - We are the leading dental clinic in Nigeria based on our customer’s satisfaction and awards won. Amongst many others, we are the “Winner of the Best Dental Service Provider of the year 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 consecutively, by the Nigerian Healthcare Excellence Award”. We are also the first and only clinic with Orthodontics, Dento-facial Orthopaedics, and pediatric dentistry. Our other services include Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Implant Dentistry Endodontic, Family dentistry, and Periodontics.
Our practice is extremely customer-friendly, ensuring that every visit is stress-free, memorable, fun, and worthwhile. We are passionate about oral health, giving superior customer interaction, and first-class standard services that you would expect in London or Dubai. With proficient and tested professionals committed to making every visit to our world-class luxurious facility seamless and enjoyable at every level.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygienist
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Dental Hygienist is the key preventive service provider of the Practice. This team member motivates, educates, and provides excellent care to the patient. Under indirect supervision, the Dental Hygienist will remove hard and soft deposits from teeth and examine oral areas, head, and neck for signs of oral disease.
- He or she will educate patients on oral hygiene, provide preventative dental care, take and develop X-rays, or apply fluoride or sealants. By discovering and documenting areas of failure, both periodontally and restoratively, he or she facilitates the dentist’s diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
Others may be assigned:
- Welcome and seat patient cheerfully.
- Prepare and properly set up treatment rooms for hygiene procedures.
- Review and update patient’s health history; chart progress, treatments, and home care compliance.
- Clean calculus deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums using dental instruments, including scaling and root planning for patients with periodontal disease
- Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Assess and evaluate patient through the exam, patient records, and patient’s medical history to assist in the diagnosis of dental hygiene problems, disease, and efficacy of administered treatment plans.
- Recognize early signs of periodontal disease; chart restorations and notate areas of concern.
- Develop and present treatment plans.
- Work chair side with Dentist as needed, assist doctor in hygiene examination.
- Schedule appropriate re-care appointments.
- Assist hygiene assistant in sterilization duties.
- Maintain hygiene hand pieces and instruments in good repair and sufficient supply.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Capture x-rays, process, download and mount for the doctor to view; capable of interpreting x-rays independently.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease; communicate findings to patient and doctor.
- Selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth, as needed.
- Educate and motivate patient on proper oral hygiene and corrective/preventative measures.
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of Dental Diploma / Dental Hygienist Certification from a recognized Dental School.
- Ability to perform basic dental procedures
- Ability to use initiative and make an informed judgment
- Ability to use the computer
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Very good time management skills.
- Problem solver
- Focused and patient
- Attentive to details
- Ability to manage pressure
- A team player.
N100,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 26th January, 2022.