Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Job For Risk Analyst at ARM Life Plc, 27th May, 2019
Job For Risk Analyst at ARM Life Plc, 27th May, 2019
May 27, 2019, 6:49 PM
ARM Life PLC is a leading group of companies situated in Nigeria with branches scattered across the country. ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management of quoted equities and fixed income securities. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Risk Analyst Location: Nigeria Job type: Full-Time Job Summary
- Assisting in identifying, analyzing, managing and preventing risks in the Firm’s existing and new businesses, products, operating models and developing/enhancing controls to prevent risk.
- Assisting in managing enterprise-wide risks through the design and implementation of control frameworks and best practice policies and procedures
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk exposures/positions and provide advice on possible resolution of critical issues.
- Prepare monthly asset and liability management reports and periodic ALCO related report and data analysis from time to time.
- Monitor credit risk exposures and provide periodic credit risk reports.
- Generate and disseminate market & investment risk position reports including compliance exception reports.
- Carry out operational risk management analysis and resolution, as may be required from time to time.
- Facilitate strategic risk assessment sessions with key business units and compile risk register and risk matrix for dissemination to attendees
- Design and review risk policies and framework.
- Ensure smooth implementation of defined risk policies.
- Ensure continuous improvement to risk policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Engage in risk management training, workshops, town hall meetings and other form of risk awareness sessions for staff members.
- Prepare necessary risk disclosure reports, such as IFRS 7 reports, as well as other reports that might be required by key stakeholders from time to time.
- Prepare risk reports for individual risk areas as well as aggregated position for internal stakeholders, such as Senior Management and Unit Heads.
- Ensure the adequacy of existing internal controls and risk management frameworks through continuous identification, measurement and reporting of risk positions.
- Continuous identification of likely risk areas and recommending remedial actions to address such exposures.
- From time to time, work with the Internal Audit team to assess compliance of the business unit with corporate policies, internal procedures, and key regulations governing unit's activities.
- Review audit reports to identify risk areas across the organisation.
- Assist businesses in defining relevant business practices, both at the strategic and operational levels, that would assist businesses in carrying out their operations in a manner that supports them staying within defined risk appetite.
- Minimum - B.A., B.Sc, B.Tech
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts