Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Legal > Job Vacancy for Accountant in a Leading Law Firm
Job Vacancy for Accountant in a Leading Law Firm
Nov 12, 2019, 4:36 PM
Pivotage Consulting - Our client, a leading Law firm is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring an experienced candidate to join their team: Job Title: Accountant Job ref.: GO/5032/AT Location: Lagos State, Nigeria. Type: Full Time Career: Senior Level Expert Reports to: MD. Job Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in any Accounting discipline or related field.
- Must have good knowledge of statutory reporting standards.
- Must have an understanding of the operation & application of the Nigerian tax and Pension laws.
- Must have the experience to recovery excess bank charges as an added advantage.
- Must have good knowledge of Peachtree, SAGE and QuickBooks.
- Must have good communication skill both oral and good report writing skills.
- Must possess ACA/ACCA certification (added advantage)
- Must be ICAN certified.
- Must have 4-6 years’ cognate working experience.
- Work experience with a law firm (added advantage)
- Must have good knowledge of any accounting package.
- Must be able to prepare monthly financial accounts, interpret financial statements and carry out bank reconciliations.
- Must have a good business acumen.
- Must have a good Communication and Presentation Skill.
- Must be ethical and a best practice professional.
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Must have an excellent organizational and time management skill
- Must have an industry-wide exposure
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint MS Office
- Managing the team to ensure compliance with existing accounting policies and standard accounting practices in the company's policies.
- Pursuing and recovering excess bank charges accrued to the business.
- Ensuring production and review of monthly management accounts and associated reconciliations within the specified monthly deadlines.
- Ensuring timely and accurate recording of the company’s financial transactions.
- Liaising with the company bankers on a regular basis.
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of the company’s general ledgers
- Handling all tax fillings of the company.
- Liaising with external auditors and submitting request documents during audit.
- Maintaining fixed assets register and reconcile to general ledger control account
- Facilitating debt collection for the company main debtors
- Coordinating bank reconciliation
- Maintaining creditors records for the company
- Processing payroll for the employees.
- Processing invoices in accounting system.
- Processing payment vouchers.
- Obtaining payment Voucher approval.
- Processing cheques or payment instructions.
- Issuing cheques to suppliers.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Preparing payment schedules.
- Processing invoices to customers’ suppliers and other clients.
- Matching invoices to approved PO or requests as applicable.
- Preparing and submit statutory returns.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts