Latest Jobs at Mariabake Media
Mariabake Media - We are tasked with delivering authentic and accurate information as we hold the utmost belief that our audience has the right to be adequately informed. Our mission is to uncover the truth no matter the circumstance.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Copy Editor
Locations: Kaduna, Kwara, Lagos
- We are seeking a motivated and savvy Copy Editor to oversee our content editing needs in a fast-paced work environment.
- Review and revise content for accuracy and quality, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Communicate and work with production team to ensure that content is published in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Associated Press or Chicago Style.
- Ensure correct tone, voice, clarity, flow and structure of content.
- Ensure that content adheres to in-house style guide.
- Write blurbs, ledes, headlines, and straplines
- Compile and update style guides as required.
- Collaborate with team to come up with fresh and creative ideas, keeping audience in mind.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Stay abreast of latest media trends and content best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English or related field.
- Experiencing in publishing and/or editing preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Leadership and time management skills.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software and Microsoft Office.
Job Title: Broadcast Journalist
Locations: Lagos, Osun
- Identifying necessary resources and deploying/managing technical crews for location shoots, including sound operators and camera crew;
- Generating ideas for stories and features and following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
- Developing and maintaining local contacts and assuming a public relations role;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
- Pitching ideas to editors and commissioners;
- Deciding on the running order for bulletins and making any necessary changes during broadcast;
- Researching and collating evidence and information to support a story using relevant information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and reports;
- Selecting appropriate locations, pictures and sound and exercising editorial judgement on the best angle to approach a story from;
- Using portable digital video (DV) cameras and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
- Preparing and presenting material 'on air' for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Providing directorial input, advising crews on what to film or record;
- Identifying potential interviewees, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews;
- Preparing timings for each news item and monitoring these during broadcast.
- Excellent news-gathering and reporting skills
- A clear and professional broadcasting voice
- A persuasive manner and the ability to draw information from people
- A feel for what makes a story and how best to present it to particular audiences
- Excellent writing skills
- The ability to think creatively and see all potential angles of a story
- Quick reactions
- To be effective under the pressure of deadlines
- To be objective, fair and balanced in the treatment of stories
- Technical knowledge and skills in using a range of audio and/or visual equipment
- A knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulation as they affect journalists
- A smart appearance.
- OND qualification
Job Title: Field Reporter
Locations: Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Oyo
- We are on the lookout for a passionate field reporter to join our newsroom department.
- Assess leads and pitch captivating story ideas to editors.
- Ensure that you meet all regular and recurring deadlines.
- Review and edit work for editorial approval.
- Use all your findings to prepare clean, concise and factual articles.
- Adhere to the ethical code of the profession.
- Keep records off all notes, interviews, and audio files.
- Create trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources for use in future research.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest news developments by attending events, studying different papers, opinion pieces, and social media.
- Collect, verify and decipher data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience as a journalist or reporter.
- Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accurately fact-check information.
- Excellent observation and judgment skills.
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th January, 2021.
Copy Editor job vacancies in Nigeria
, Journalism job vacancies in Nigeria
, Communications job vacancies in Nigeria
, Reporter job vacancies in Nigeria
, Lagos State job vacancies in Nigeria
, Ogun State job vacancies in Nigeria
, Ondo State job vacancies in Nigeria
, Oyo State job vacancies in Nigeria
, Broadcast Journalist job vacancies in Nigeria
, journalist job vacancies in Nigeria
, Kaduna State job vacancies in Nigeria
, Kwara State job vacancies in Nigeria