Latest Jobs in Onne at APM Terminals for a Maintenance and Repair Manager
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across
more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in
port operations and container management services. By providing the
expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade,
support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local
economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global
community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a
chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the
world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any
of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the
world is your workplace.
We are looking for a Maintenance and Repair Manager to assist with the daily operations of the technical department.
Job Title: Maintenance and Repair Manager
Who we are looking for
- Ensures that the overhauls, preventative maintenance and repair of the vehicle fleet and other port equipment are maintained and/or repaired in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of all of the vehicle fleet, including tractor trailers, Reach Stackers and other technical support equipment (electrical, electronic and mechanical).
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Monitor and develop maintenance staff to ensure technical skills are maintained, and that a transfer of that knowledge is made to nationals whenever appropriate.
- Ensure that breakdowns are repaired promptly, and that the repair work does not disrupt the Operations. Control overtime through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Ensures that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
- Oversees the administrative requirements of the Workshop, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Reviews and recommends updates to maintenance services policies and procedures to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiencies.
- Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Organize meetings with staff to communicate goals, objectives, and planning and scheduling, and to motivate group to achieve these goals.
- Brief daily activities to Department Head and seek advice as required.
- Maintains an effective safety program, coordinating safety training with HSE Department; ensures all injuries are reported timely, properly investigated, and measures taken to prevent future injuries. Ensures good housekeeping practices throughout the workshop.
- Provides supervision and direction for the maintenance staff including the following:
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Counsels subordinates, up to and including discipline or termination recommendations.
- Follows company management policies and procedures in the application of managing subordinates.
We are looking for an individual with the following qualifications;
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
- Requires at least a high school diploma and additional
vocational/technical education or a degree in Mechanical, Electrical
engineering. Also must have additional training in both electrical and
mechanical fields in any heavy industry.
- Requires at least five to
seven years of general supervisory experience in general maintenance
section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants. Must have
an additional five years of progressively more responsible maintenance
and repair experience, including specific knowledge of electrical,
electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
- Requires specific
technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various vehicles,
including tractor trailers, reach stackers and mobile cranes.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Must have knowledge of general supervisory principles.
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles,
with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and
lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Must be customer service oriented, sensitive to the needs of the departments and others.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications
skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills &
knowledge of the local language.
- Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
15th March 2015