Legal Associate at Aina Blankson
Aina Blankson is an innovative full service law firm leveraging on the creative minds of its team of diverse specialists to meet clients' interests and exceed expectations. We are a leading global law firm with distinctive world-class standards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Energy Practice is a new addition to the Practice Area of Aina Blankson. Our mission is to become an internationally competitive Practice, with expertise in Oil and Gas, Power and Renewable Energy.
- Our Energy Practice is focused on exceeding the expectations of clients.
- We seek to have some of the most diverse range of experts who are dedicated to clients’ objectives and visions. Resourcefulness, creativity and innovation are central to the work we do.
Who we are looking for:
- As this is a newly established Practice area of the Firm, we are looking for a lawyer with the right qualifications, experience and character.
- Who you are is as important as what you bring to the Firm.
This position offers an exceptional career opportunity to a talented lawyer with two to three years’ experience working in an Energy Practice. As a professional member of our Firm, your initial responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- You will be responsible for the implementation of Energy projects to which you are tasked.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the Practice and its affiliate/s are registered with all companies and agencies so as to allow it to effectively function in Nigeria, other parts of Africa and internationally.
- You will be responsible for liaising with affiliates of the Firm in the area of capacity building, and project implementation.
- You will be responsible for drafting bid documents for Energy projects.
- You will be responsible for drafting legal documents and advising clients on a range of Energy related issues.
- You will be responsible for developing client relationships and utilising those relationships in such a way as generates revenue for the Firm.
- Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of a 2:1 (Second Class Upper) Law
- Degree from a credible University, ideally completed within the last five years, or seven years if you have a Post Graduate degree.
- You should have at least two years, but not more than five years post qualification experience.
- You must have at least two years’ experience working as a lawyer at a reputable Energy Practice.
- You should have advised clients on contractual, fiscal and regulatory issues in Energy law.
- We would prefer a candidate that has been involved in upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas projects within Nigeria.
- Any involvement on international Energy projects would be an advantage.
- You must be hard working, disciplined, very attentive to detail and accountable.
- You must be able to work on your own initiative and deliver timely on projects.
- You must have a track record of successful completion of projects in the Energy sector.
- You must be willing to commit your time and efforts to the success of the Practice.
- You must be able to articulate legal opinion in person and in writing.
- You must be professional and highly motivated.
- You must demonstrate an understanding of the Energy Industry within Nigeria and beyond.
- You must be very confident and able to effectively communicate knowledge, ideas and legal opinions to clients, colleagues and directors.
- You must be enthusiastic about Energy Law and the industry at large.
- You must have exceptional research, writing and presentation skills.
- You must be physically present in Nigeria and reside in Lagos.
- You must have strong business development and acumen.
- You should be creative and innovative in your approach to problem solving.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st December, 2021.