Legal Officer at the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN)
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in collaboration with global development partners to address the major financing challenges facing Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Job Objective and Summary
- The Legal Officer provides effective legal services and compliance advice to the institution (including its subsidiary) in the most efficient manner.
- He/She provides support in the delivery of corporate governance and regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- The role reports to the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser.
Provision of Legal Advice:
- Provides assistance in the management of relationship with specialist external legal firms and practitioners, as required.
- Transfers files to external lawyers and monitors performance.
- Reviews and ensures updates to the Bank’s documents as needed.
- Participates in collaboration with the Legal Adviser, legislative and regulatory changes or developments that might affect the institution’s operations or Board activities, and ensures briefing of the Board to aid informed decisions.
- Prepares Memorandum of Understanding, bills and statutes on administrative matters and conduct research on appropriate emerging legal issues.
- Meetings and Representation
- Provides representation to the Bank in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes.
- Participates in meetings with clients and concerned parties to discuss related legal matters.
- Analyses formal complaints against the Bank/its subsidiary and provides advice on measures of action.
- Ensures that proper legal consultations are provided to departments / units.
- Conducts review on texts of standard contracts, agreements and forms.
- Assists with the registration of agreements for submission to ministries, governmental departments, relevant administrations and agencies.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Law
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification (i.e. LLM) is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years post call cognate experience in a financial regulatory environment is required.
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association is required.
- Understanding of legal issues including governance and legal compliance
- Understanding of the financial services industry policies and principles
- Knowledge of administrative laws
- Understanding of ethical rules and laws.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of conflict management
- Demonstrates expertise in negotiation, arbitration and contracts
- Expertise in the application of principles and instruments of Company Law
- Excellent communication skills (Oral & Written).
- Demonstrates expertise in providing advice at Board/Top Management level
- Demonstrates expertise in dispute resolution
- Problem-solving/decision making ability
- Teamwork, collaboration and networking skills
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume and Covering Letter to: [email protected] using "Application for Legal Officer Role - Candidate Name" as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2022.
, Adamawa State
, Akwa Ibom State
, Anambra State
, Bauchi State
, Bayelsa State
, Benue State
, Borno State
, Cross River State
, Delta State
, Ebonyi State
, Edo State
, Ekiti State
, Enugu State
, Gombe State
, Imo State
, Jigawa State
, Kaduna State
, Kano State
, Katsina State
, Kebbi State
, Kogi State
, Kwara State
, Lagos State
, Nasarawa State
, Niger State
, Ogun State
, Ondo State
, Osun State
, Oyo State
, Plateau State
, Rivers State
, Sokoto State
, Taraba State
, Yobe State
, Zamfara State