Legal Officer / Company Secretary at Transkredit
Transkredit is a CBN authorized, licensed, and regulated financial services provider with core competencies in Credit Processing, Fund Management, and Payment Systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer / Company Secretary
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Company Secretary, you will overseethe analysis of the organization’s legal documents to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- You will also conduct legal research, gather evidence, and make recommendations concerning legal matters whilereviewing contracts and agreements, generatingand proofreading legal documents, identifying risk, and ensuring a tightly knitted, highly secure legal backing for the company and its clients.
Roles / Responsibilities
Legal Strategy and Advisory Support:
- Conduct legal research and investigation of complaints, claims and lawsuits
- Prepare regular and ad hoc regulatory filings and maintain counterparty due diligence process.
- Ensuring the legal validity of all activities engaged in by the company by offering advice on statutory regulations through documentation preparation, reviews, research, and professional engagement.
- Review Company’s business strategy to ensure same is within the confines of Legal and Regulatory requirements.
- Provide support in conducting Legal Risk Evaluations
- Interpreting laws, rulings and regulations to the Company.
- Support Provision of expert legal advice to support company stake holders and ensure legal compliance of company decisions, processes and documentation.
- Ensure compliance of all procedures regarding the requirement of CAMA and the Articles of the Association.
- Conduct research towards the provision of in-house legal advisories on the activities of the company including but not limited to financial, commercial, transactional and labour relation issues and provision of updates on legal changes that affect their respective businesses and the financial industries as a whole.
- Review credit facilities documents to ensure adequacy and avoid undue exposure to the company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail